RuntimeException in PhpDumper.php

browndog

Hello,

I wonder if someone can help at all? I have been working on my Prestashop site for some months. Today I have added 5 new products and also cross linked them as associated products.

It let me save the new products, however I started to get errors when I tried to edit them again - it would still let me in to older products but not these 5 new ones. However now I am unable to access the backoffice part of my site at all - I just get the below message. I have tried to manually clear the site cache but no joy. I have not done any module updates or changed any code so I am at a loss as to what has gone wrong! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whoops, looks like something went wrong.

1/1RuntimeException in PhpDumper.php line 1403:Cannot dump definition because of invalid class name (NULL)

in PhpDumper.php line 1403

at PhpDumper->dumpLiteralClass('NULL') in PhpDumper.php line 790

at PhpDumper->addNewInstance('_defaults', object(Definition), 'return ', '$this->services['_defaults'] = ') in PhpDumper.php line 394

at PhpDumper->addServiceInstance('_defaults', object(Definition)) in PhpDumper.php line 639

at PhpDumper->addService('_defaults', object(Definition)) in PhpDumper.php line 666

at PhpDumper->addServices() in PhpDumper.php line 145

at PhpDumper->dump(array('class' => 'appDevDebugProjectContainer', 'base_class' => 'Container', 'namespace' => '', 'debug' => true, 'file' => '/home/stacarac/public_html/ps/app/cache/dev/appDevDebugProjectContainer.php')) in bootstrap.php.cache line 2846

at Kernel->dumpContainer(object(ConfigCache), object(ContainerBuilder), 'appDevDebugProjectContainer', 'Container') in bootstrap.php.cache line 2759

at Kernel->initializeContainer() in bootstrap.php.cache line 2533

at Kernel->boot() in bootstrap.php.cache line 2564

at Kernel->handle(object(Request), '1', false) in index.php line 86

The error does mention cache! what files/folders have you deleted trough FTP to clear the cache?

What is the version of PHP your server is using?

What version of prestashop?

Did you put your shop in debug mode?

Follow this post to try putting the shop in debug mode -> 

Do you have a backup of the site and database?

Best Regards

14 hours ago, PCQUATRO said:

The error does mention cache! what files/folders have you deleted trough FTP to clear the cache?

What is the version of PHP your server is using?

What version of prestashop?

Did you put your shop in debug mode?

Follow this post to try putting the shop in debug mode -> 

Do you have a backup of the site and database?

Best Regards

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using PHP 7.1, I can't remember the exact ps version - I think 1.7.

As I can't access the back office side I manually cleared the following folders:

cache/smarty/compile

cache/smarty/cache

img/tmp

My shop is already in debug mode - if I change define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); to false I just get an HTTP Error 500.

I don't have a backup but my host does take regular backups.

Many thanks

Edited by browndog (see edit history)

10 minutes ago, browndog said:

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I am using PHP 7.1, I can't remember the exact ps version - I think 1.7.

As I can't access the back office side I manually cleared the following folders:

cache/smarty/compile

cache/smarty/cache

img/tmp

My shop is already in debug mode - if I change define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true); to false I just get an HTTP Error 500.

I don't have a backup but my host does take regular backups.

Many thanks

Also delete /var/cache/*

Best Regards

I finally found a solution https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/1005114-error-500-al-entrar-al-backoffice-prestashop-1736/ - It is in Spanish so I have translated below. Basically I renamed my existing PS install and installed the latest version 1.7.6.1 and then transferred my sites key folders and settings over and ran an upgrade. This has fixed my issue. See the translation below.

I have found a solution again, although I don't know if it will happen again. I think it is related to the php version of our servers.

Finally I decided to manually update the prestashop version to 1.7.6.1 and it has been fixed. As it does not allow to enter the backoffice, I have done it manually from the cpanel file manager.

1.- I have activated the php 5.4 version on my server.
2.- I have made a backup copy of the BD and the file structure just in case it doesn't work back as it was
3.- I create a folder called OLD inside the main directory
4.- I upload prestashop1.7.6.1 and unzip leaving only the prestashop.zip file
5.- I decompress again obtaining the data structure of prestashop 1.7.6.1 with the install folder
6.- From the OLD folder where I had my old version of prestashop I copy the following files:
6.1.- app / config / paremeters.php
6.2.- Folders: img, mails, modules, themes and translations
6.3.- .htaccess
7.- from the browser I run the upgrade for the database: mydomain.com/install/upgrade/upgrade.php I leave the tab open a few minutes.
8.- If everything went well when entering mydomain.com/admin, the message will appear informing you to delete the install folder and rename the admin folder
9.- After doing it, I delete cache and cookies from the browser and I can now enter the backoffice of my store in version 1.7.6.1
10.- At that time I upload the version of php to 7.2 leaving everything correctly.

I hope it serves you because I was really desperate, and I still have a hard time when it takes a while to load something from the backoffice in case it happens again