[Help] Discount by amount multiplied by quantity

Hello guys, I've been looking around by no one seems to request this feature.

My client wanting me to make a discount based on fix amount instead of percentage. Problem now is, the amount stays the same even though the quantity changed. I want to make the amount double when the quantity is doubled. Meaning I want to give discount for each number of product they bought.

For example, the fix discount amount is $10 and my product price is $50. If the customer bought 2, the discount amount must be $20.

I know this can be achieved using the catalog price rules, but it doesn't work for cross categories. Coz my client also wants the product to have the discount if the customer bought 2 products from different categories.

I tried combining cart rules and catalog price rules, but what happen was the system applied both catalog price discount and cart discount when customer bought 2 products from different categories.

Is there a simpler way to do this? Does anyone know how to change the calculation at the backend to make the fix amount discount to multiply by the product quantity?

Really appreciate your help!