White screen in both shop and admin-panel, Server Harddrive full and or Smarty problem

4Carparts

Hello,

Our Prestashop 1.7.4.4 worked for almost a year, but now it gives a white screen (of death). (Both the shop and the admin panel gives me nothing more than a white screen)

(I googled this and found a page with 7 possible reasons, none of them apply)

Fortunately: I am able to log-in as root on the server (but I am not a pro and want to be better save than sorry)

1 - when I did 'df', I saw that the server is almost 100% full, how does this happen? (I think cache-files?), that brings me to my first question, where is the cache for Prestashop 1.7.4.4??

(I deleted some files, and now the site runs, BUT the server is still 99% full, so what can I delete ???)

(A - in cache homedir/cache/ OR B - in /var/cache/prod) , different websites give both answers, so I am confused?

Question 1.1: what can I delete in cache/smarty?

Question 1.2: and what can I delete in /var/cache/prod ?

Question 1.3: are there other files created by Prestashop (log-files?) growing and growing and filling the server?

2 - In /var/log/httpd/domains, in one of the .log-files, I saw an error: "PHP fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: unable to write file /home/admin/domains/.. / ../var/cache/prod/smarty/compile/.." so I guess my server is too full and now Smarty is unable to write any more cache, but again (see Question 1.2) what can I delete without doing something bad that makes things worse?

Please help, I'm stuck and I really don't know what to do anymore..

Edited by 4Carparts (see edit history)