Questions + Basic Problems with Presta, Please Listen

poshshop

Hi there,

>>> Are SEO keywords still a necessity?

>>> What condition labels can l use? Only "new" "used" and "refurbished"?

If so, then we need to evolve a bit and allow miscellaneous condition labels.

>>> Do you really think it's wise to force Product Code to be made visible?

What if the product code contains info that is not meant for customer e.g. date of original listing? We are not all manufacturers. Some of us sell used goods. We need to know when it's time to start discounting, so we need to keep track of how long an item has been listed for. Ideally this info would go in the SKU aka Product Code.

You haven't changed this from stock open source cart script. I know this issue from other carts too.

>>> As l've been asking elsewhere: I need a courier database upload template

>>> Why is there no courier policy ID column for the product upload template?

I want to link policies offering many couriers for many nations, some nations having multiple couriers, with a specific product, and upload it all in one go.

This is how eBay does things. This is, really, the correct way to do couriers.

>>> Sorry guys but it seems like we're just taking open source code and tweaking logos. I mean, there's another shopping cart that uses a virtual identical backend as yours, and they have the exact same things lacking as l've just pointed out here. I've seen a few carts now and they generally have the same issues that l've listed here.

Are you gonna be masters of the code or just owners? Could somebody put in a courier policy ID column for the product uploads at least? Or is couriers an afterthought?

Edited by poshshop (see edit history)