How can I export my Categories on 1.3.6?

• 3 weeks later...
Why you dind'nt upgraded your presta 1.3. to 1.4 ? With an upgrade you don't loose your categories, products, customers, suppliers, etc... and is the easiest way to avoid errors while exporting/importing form a .csv.

By all accounts the upgrade process to 1.4 is currently causing massive problems. Please feel free to comment if this is NOT the case. I certainly will not attempt an upgrade if someone tells me it will ruin my site (backed up or not)

Sorry I don't know your specialities. I upgraded and have no problems. Also my old 1.3. Theme (default but colored) I upgraded successfully by again cloning the 1.4. one and coloring it again. Also the css-code for two columns template I copied successfully into the 1.4. version.

So now I have a complete smarty3 own template and also an updated 1.3. to 1.4.0.17
If you have too much special things, like nocn-standard code and non-standard theme, so you always will have problems on each bigger upgrade. If this is the case, perhaps you must revise you priorities ?

And as written before. You don't need to export categories, porducts or other Data to anywhere. Just upgrade your DB with installer and all is fine.

I upgraded my initial 1.3.1.1 to 1.3.3, than to 1.3.6 and the latest to 1.4.0.17 without problems... (Only my theme was a problem, because old Smarty. In fact at this moment also this is not a real problem, because you can choose Smarty2 to put it into work with 1.4.0.17. BUT Smarty2 will not supported with Version 1.5. So you can choose by yourself. Upgrad now, later. Adapting your theme now, later or no upgrades anymore...