CMS Tool/Block problem (1.4.0.17)

JSHD

Hello,

I am kinda new @ prestashop, but i dont get something to work correctly: The CMS block and the CMS tool.

The CMS Tool-> no names showing in category overview
When i want to add a category under 'home', when i fill in the name, the desciption and some meta-info, the result in my category overview just shows category id's (numbers), but no names and no description. When i click on the id it does say:'There are no subcategories in CMS Category "correct_name"'. Creating articles under "correct_name"category, or just under "home" is just working.

The CMS block-> can't add left or right column, dont see CMS categories
When i go to the front office module 'CMS block' and i want to create a left column CMS blocvk, i can name it, but i can just only select the "home" CMS category. I Do now suddenly see the correct names and id's of the categories, but when i click on some made articles, and click 'save', it says 'Block CMS added', but nothing appears on hte 'List of Left CMS blocks'.

In the 'CMS Block configuration', different when adding a left CMS Block, i dont see id's or names of the categories i just made. I just see an empty folder, with no text or bars, or something...

I hope you guys understand a bit, my english is propably not so good.

Hope to hear if this bug is known. Or some tips to get this working. Atleast I didnt find it with the bug-tracker..

Greetings, Jos

41655_MmYcyecySug4nJL83ysp_t

41656_sJ3AewjVq1UzndDME6Wk_t

41657_j6CuObIgswqMAvSfSWPK_t

1. i am willing to make an back-office account for a prestateam member, if someone could take this serious and pm me or left a message in this topic..

2. if it cannot be reproduced, there is a chance, that the reason of this problem has to do with something we did, or is related to a server.

- Do you guys also installed prestashop with installatron (DirectAdmin)?
- Do you experience also cache problems? Prestashop is still wining about writing priveleges(in /Cache/), while i set the rights of maps and folders to 777
- I have an early Prestashop 1.3.x. on my site as well on public_html/winkel/ . The Prestashop 1.4.0.17 version which i am experiencing problems with is located under public_html/shop/. I didn't changed anything with phpmyadmin or else in directadmin, because i thought that was not necessary.

Possible to get this in English? The Google translations dose not make sense.....

ThX

PROBLEM

I've seen the module CMS Block v1.1 does not work properly with the latest version of PrestaShop v.1.4.0.17.

The sample pages that come with the module work without problems. But if we generate new, from "Tools> CMS", these are not visible.

I have reviewed the database and the pages are correctly generated in the table _cms.
The problem is that pages are not allocated to any block in the table _cms_block_page. This table maps the pages with the blocks.

Interface does not work correctly generating new blocks. No pages are displayed. And without selecting anything, you can not create blocks.
All this happens on the page: modules / blockcms / blockcms.php.

SOLUTION FOR GENERATING BLOCK

We can generate the blocks on the table "_cms_block"and his description in "_cms_block_lang", then assigned to that block pages from "_cms_block_page".

I hope this can be of help to someone, or at least can be reporting blockcms.php failure.

*This problem does not happen in the demo version 1.3.3.0.
*In a new installation, the error continues happening.

Hi,
I tried to replicate these bugs on a fresh 1.4 install, but could not. Are you having this problem on a new install?
If someone wants to PM me an access to a back office with this issue, it would help.

For the new page creation issue, there is an option somewhat hidden at the end of the form for activating or not the page, and this option defaults to not activated. Maybe you should check it again?

Hi,
I tried to replicate these bugs on a fresh 1.4 install, but could not. Are you having this problem on a new install?
If someone wants to PM me an access to a back office with this issue, it would help.

For the new page creation issue, there is an option somewhat hidden at the end of the form for activating or not the page, and this option defaults to not activated. Maybe you should check it again?

PM sended

Hey Guys, I was having the exact same problem and could not find any answers on here so i figured it out for myself, I posted a tutorial on another forum, heres a tempory soluton until its fixed

The guys at prestashop have recently released their newest version of prestashop 1.4 shopping cart, but it appears it was not tested out thoroughly, One of the most important modules is broken it does not show newly created pages, well I have figured out how to get around that.

I searched the prestashop forums for almost an hour and nobody had the fix or answer so devised a little workaround of mine own which 100% works.

Goto Modules listing page click configure
cms1.jpg

Delete your CMS Block Categorie, recreate another block catergorie and simply add the pages that you have already created!

cms2.jpg

cms3.jpg

cms4.jpg

Now heres the annoying part when you want to add more pages they will not show, so you have to repeat it the step over again, but it does work and should keep everyone going until prestashop have a fix.

heres the original link: http://www.stonerocket.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21456

I checked JSHD and Vampire_andreas installs and the cms block issue is different in each case, but they have one thing in common: they used a 3rd party installer. Can both of you try to install PrestaShop without using an installer?
And to everyone in this thread with CMS block issues, did you use an installer like Installatron or Softaculous?

I checked JSHD and Vampire_andreas installs and the cms block issue is different in each case, but they have one thing in common: they used a 3rd party installer. Can both of you try to install PrestaShop without using an installer?
And to everyone in this thread with CMS block issues, did you use an installer like Installatron or Softaculous?

Checked, and MY PROBLEM ONLY OCOUR IN THE SOFTACULOUS VERSION.

With a new and manually installation, no problem with CMS Blocks.

What I have seen with the CMS module is that I have to install it while language is set to default (english). If I change to another language (in my case danish) and install it, it doesn't show up on the web page, and I have all kind of problems when editing and configuring.

Hi..

I have the same problem with the CMS Block Module...
I installed Prestashop manually uploading the package with FTP, not using "Installatron or Softaculous" or similar...

I can't modify a CMS Block, always appear an error that say in Spanish: "Debe elegir al menos una página o subcategoría para crear un bloque CMS" (in English is something like "You must choose at least a page or subcategory to create a CMS block").

Please if somebody have the solution i would appreciate too much the help....i'm stopped with my project because i can't create a block where put information like "shipping, payment, about us, etc).

Thanks

Thomas i didn't install with a 3rd party installer, i made a clean installation uploading package with FTP in my hosting. My installation is in Spanish, but it seems not to be a language issue... if you want to take a look of my case, please tell me and i could provide you access...

What I have seen with the CMS module is that I have to install it while language is set to default (english). If I change to another language (in my case danish) and install it, it doesn't show up on the web page, and I have all kind of problems when editing and configuring.

Hi !.... i set language in english....and the result is the same... please could you tell me more details how wou did it?

Checked, and MY PROBLEM ONLY OCOUR IN THE SOFTACULOUS VERSION.

With a new and manually installation, no problem with CMS Blocks.

I manually installed from ftp download to update site but I have the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Just solved this problem after 1 month after update to 1.4
I have only one language.

My solution was: with phpmyadmin I found what there is no rows with the right value of id_lang field in ps_cms_cathegory_lang table. My id_lang is 4 (you can find yours in ps_lang table). So I just updated one of the rows of ps_cms_cathegory_lang table with the value of 4 in field id_lang - after that i can successfully add CMS block to left or right panel.

• 2 months later...
Just solved this problem after 1 month after update to 1.4
I have only one language.

My solution was: with phpmyadmin I found what there is no rows with the right value of id_lang field in ps_cms_cathegory_lang table. My id_lang is 4 (you can find yours in ps_lang table). So I just updated one of the rows of ps_cms_cathegory_lang table with the value of 4 in field id_lang - after that i can successfully add CMS block to left or right panel.

I had a problem with the same symptoms - impossible to create a new CMS block, the list of pages in CMS categories was not appearing in the CMS block creation page.
Spend hours pulling my hair on this... Then went to server error log and found the problem:
Folder modules/blockcms had write permissions for "group", which the server did not like. Changed permissions to 755 and all started running fine.
You may want to check that the modules/ folder itself is 755

Hope it can help some others,

Yann.
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just solved this problem after 1 month after update to 1.4<br/>I have only one language.<br/><br/>My solution was: with phpmyadmin I found what there is no rows with the right value of id_lang field in ps_cms_cathegory_lang table. My id_lang is 4 (you can find yours in ps_lang table). So I just updated one of the rows of ps_cms_cathegory_lang table with the value of 4 in field id_lang - after that i can successfully add CMS block to left or right panel.
<br/><br/>I had a problem with the same symptoms - impossible to create a new CMS block, the list of pages in CMS categories was not appearing in the CMS block creation page.<br/>Spend hours pulling my hair on this... Then went to server error log and found the problem:<br/>Folder modules/blockcms had write permissions for "group", which the server did not like. Changed permissions to 755 and all started running fine.<br/>You may want to check that the modules/ folder itself is 755<br/><br/>Hope it can help some others,<br/><br/>Yann.

Thank you!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I don´t know if this can help somebody but I hope to.

I had problems with the CMS Block, and after some struggle I realize that the cache option, at the bottom of the "preferences-->performance" backoffice section, was messing up everything.

When I tried to uninstall the module and reinstall it. The module was not there already, but the UI was showing as if the module was there installed yet.

So, if you tried everything said in this topic and the problem is still there, try to disable the Cache option.

I hope this help somebody out!

• 10 months later...

Something else is going on in my case. I tried to disable the cache and change the privileges on both the DB and the Files for the Module folders. No go.

It's a new site I built.

I had it working just fine until I moved it on a new host. It looks like some of the changes are not taking effect. I have also been trying to disable the "Store" block and it still shows.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

OK. I figured this out.

It's about permission, NOT in the database as someone suggested but in the file system.

I first tried to change the permission on just the folder module/blockcms and it didn't work. The after reading another post, I tried to go one by one and changed the permission to 755 on each file in that directory, like blockcms.js, blockcms.php etc.

They were all set at 777 after my move from a different host. ( which is strange, I'd would have thought 777 is a more open permission)

Hopefully 755 won't break other things.