price on application

iant

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hope this is not too late for you but my solution was to go into classes/Tools.php and put in an extra if statement at the end of the getprice function before the isnegative test...

if ($price == 0)
       {
           $ret = "P.O.A.";
       }

That still allows users to add products to the cart though so in this particular instance I had to make the item 'out of stock' and change the 'out of stock' messages in the language translation files to Price on Application. I know this is not the perfect solution if you want to use the stock management aspects of prestashop but if you don't it's a handy enough workaround.

Thanks,
I actually went for the full solution: add field in the database, add field in the backoffice etc. If someone wants this I will take time to give full details. Not sure how it will be when I will upgrade to the new Prestashop version; I think it will break my modifications because I had to modify some core class files. To bad my client really wanted this feature (expensive unique artwork stuff) and too bad you can't add a new field to products without modifying the core files.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I am not sure if anyone still needs this requirement.

I have a slightly different alternative than adding a product in the back office, rather I have added a new list item in the product-list.tpl which will take customers to the contact page.

The file is from Prestashop v1.3.2 and needs to be uploaded to your theme folder.

If you have another version of prestashop try copying and pasting the code in your product-list.tpl (I have made a note in the file of the new code)

product-list.zip

• 2 months later...