90% of back office translation suddenly missing!?!?!?

Hi,

Today, for some unknown reasons, around 90% of my backend translation was suddenly gone.

Strings are missing from the translation and around 10 days of my work with it.

How the hell this happened?

Is there a chance that something lost a link or similar?

Any suggestions?

No we didn't change anything there for a long time now...

I cant just import my language again as my language is only partially translated and we were finishing translation ourselves. We worked over 10 days just on back office translation and narrowed the strings to 100 those that needed to be translated and now we are seeing 3700 :angry:

How the hell software like Prestashop can break or do something so strange that will eventually delete 80% of the back office translation???

Im very frustrated with PS so far. Every day bring me some new issues with the features that are present and shoudl work out of the box but truth is just the opposite, you need tons of nerves and time to make it work :(

• 1 month later...

This just happened to me!

I spent weeks translating everything that wasn't translated and now every single translation (several thousand translations) have completely disappeared in the back end.

The translations still appear to be ok in the front end (hopefully that doesn't disappear)...but for some reason the fields in the back end are now blank where there used to be translations.

Were you able to find a way to recover what went missing from the back end or know how to fix this?

Does anyone know what would cause all translations to disappear all of a sudden when they were there previously? There were no problems before when saving the translations each time over the last few weeks.

I'm using Prestashop version 1.5.4.1

If that helps any.

Edited by DrewCrew (see edit history)

• 7 months later...