Cannot order items - shipping address error

Hi all,

I'm encountering an annoying error whilst trying to run a test checkout on my new store.

I've filled in every details for shipping and carriers possible, step-by-step, including price ranges, weight ranges et-al.

When I come to the checkout stage where I choose my shipping, however, I simply get a blank "NoCarrierWarning" div. Now I know that if there was a problem with my carrier shipping to the specified address I would get an error message and some readable text, but instead this is just a blank div, which gets me suspecting it may be some kind of bug?

Has anyone else encountered this? (screenshot attached)

post-530080-0-95225900-1364997995_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advance.

hmm, can you show some screenshots of your carrier settings, countries, zones used?

Maybe no carrier is 'available' for the current order (maybe too heavy, or some small settings problem. Please post some more pics. Also a link to your site is helpful and what PS version you run.

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I'm using version 1.5.4.0.

Additional screens are attached showing the B.O settings.

Carrier settings:

post-530080-0-07732700-1365009111_thumb.jpg

Weight ranges:

post-530080-0-51737100-1365009142_thumb.jpg

Prices for weights:

post-530080-0-56425400-1365009188_thumb.jpg

---

Also regarding countries and zones, I'm using them all currently by default. I also added a new zone for the Canary Islands, plus a new country entity of the same (as customers will get free shipping inside the Canary Islands).

Many thanks.

Edited by RobWebPeople (see edit history)

Hi Rob,

I see one error in your screenshots. In PS the upper limit of your range steps is EXCLUDED. (Don't ask me why they did this, but they made it like this. Probably a good reason for it, but I haven't found it...)

so "0.101 to 0.5" actually means 0.101 up UNTIL 0.499. 0.5 is NOT in this range. There is thus a 'hole' in your range at exactly 0.500 kg

So in your example, if you have a product of 0.5 kg, it is 'Out of range'; same for 1.000 kg (or 2x0.5kg ones)

Was your example product 0.5 or 1.0 kg?

So, to prevent gaps in your ranges, the upper limit of your step x, must be the SAME as your lower limit of your step x+1

In your case 0.101 - 0.501 (if you want up UNTIL 0.5, which I suspect)

0.501 - 1.001 (up UNTIL 1.000 kg)

1.001 - 2.001 (up UNTIL 2.000 kg)

Also, are you sure there are no products less than 0.101 kg? If there are, this carrier is not available. Same when weight is more than 2.000 kg.

Maybe this helps,

Let us know the progress after changing these small changes.

Pascal

Hi Pascal,

Thanks for your quick reply. Well spotted on the weight range exclusion - that seems like a strange way to do things but I've updated the ranges now so they are correct (see below)

post-530080-0-00494400-1365010817_thumb.jpg

Also regarding the weights of products, I'm currently just in the process of adding products as this is a brand new shop - but the product I added to my cart to make a test order was a weight of 0.6kg.

post-530080-0-29804100-1365010891_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately even after making these changes I encounter the same issue. It's a real head scratcher.

Regards.

I tried that option, and again it's bringing about the same error.

The site isn't 'live' yet but I do have a testing server up at http://alparadise2.webpeople.es - by all means take a look.

It's still very much a work-in-progress, with only 4 products added and not all stock done yet, but I wanted to solve this before I continue.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the help, Pascal. Like I say I've ran through seemingly everything time and time again and this just keeps happening - if I change the billing options under the carrier to go by price rather than weight, the error actually changes:

post-530080-0-25673300-1365060684_thumb.jpg

To investigate this further I then proceeded to add a price range, and sure enough I was greeted with the same empty error div as I had with the weight. I just don't understand this at all.

post-530080-0-71505500-1365060770_thumb.jpg

UPDATE: I've been thinking, and maybe this could have something to do with me adding a new zone and country? The shop is based in the Canary islands, and though it ships worldwide, within the Canary Islands customers can get free shipping.

Here are the screens for my new zone declarations and country settings:

Zone

post-530080-0-36752400-1365062802_thumb.jpg

Country

post-530080-0-74423500-1365062816_thumb.jpg

Again, as far as I'm aware I've followed the documentation on adding these and the settings appear to be correct, but perhaps I have missed something? Then again, if I had missed something I wouldn't expect just a blank error div, I'd expect a message to help me find where I've gone wrong.... this again leads me back to thinking it's a bug.

UPDATE 2:

Well I've been reading through the entire documentation again and still as far as I can see everything is correct. Is it worthwhile rolling back my installation to a previous version? Is it even possible? And would it help? I just can't fathom why this is happening, I've even removed the carriers, ranges, zones and countries I've added and started again from scratch - same deal.

Next I tried adding a virtual product as that has no carriers needed, and hey presto it works like a charm, so the issue is definitely localized to the carriers and shipping details, I just can't see anything wrong. (See below confirmation of virtual product)

post-530080-0-67240400-1365098350_thumb.jpg

Stranger still, if I have the virtual product included with my physical product I DO get to choose the carrier!

Does anybody else have any ideas? I really need to sort this out or the store can't go live.

I've also noticed that on my products the tax I have set (I.G.I.C @ 7%) is not being applied to the final retail price, and the same is true for all other taxes - the price is not recalculated.

A lot of this seems to stem from the latest release of PrestaShop as I didn't have this issue previously.

hmmm, created a zone and country Canary Islands as you described, make a new check-out address in Canary islands and got a normal message that carrier not available for address (when item too heavy) or just the correct carrier (when weight within carrier range). I use 1.5.3.1 in my testshop.

Maybe you can add another testshop subdomain and install 1.5.3.1 to see, if you replicate the same steps in 1.5.3.1?

If it works for you too, then we know we have to (let the prestashop team) search in the 1.5.4.0 code...

Hope this gives some progress, otherwise we keep running in circles..

pascal.

(N.B. if you for some reason cannot add another subdomain, let me know and I add a temporary one for you to my test domain if needed.)

• Like 1

Hi Pascal,

I'm unable to create a new subdomain I'm afraid, if you could add it to your test domain that would be great. I really think it must be a bug in the new version or something.

UPDATE: I've gone ahead and submitted a bug report, I just know I've entered the information correctly and it must be an issue with prestaShop. I'm hoping the technicians will have an answer - if it gets resolved I shall post the results here.

I'll wait to hear back from PrestaShop I think and see if they have any solutions, it would be a lot better to fix it in the current version than to have to roll back I think.

Like i say though I'll keep you updated on here with what they say and we can take things from there :)