PrestaShop v1.5.0 Final MultiStore function issue/steps

ckyuen

Hi All,

I am trying to use PrestaShop MultiStore function to manage 2 websites of 2 different domains (i.e. www.DomainA.com and www.DomainB.com). I have spent hours and hours to try to setup and test with different settings and reading forums and try to find some helpful information to setup MultiStore correctly, but still no luck. Would you please kindly provide me some detail instructions, I have been waiting for the v1.5 Final for long time and really want to make good use of the long waited MultiStore function.

My detail settings are as below:

With DomainA hosted at godaddy, I successfully installed the new v1.5.0 Final with no issues. And DomainB was “Parked” at godaddy with no hosting associated. So I followed the steps per the v1.5 user manual to start to enable the MultiStore function

1. In Preferences > SEO & URLs > Set Friendly URL = Yes (But there is a message saying, “URL rewriting (mod_rewrite) is not active on your server. If you want to use Friendly URLs you must activate this”
  2. In Preferences > General > Enable MultiStore = Yes
  3. Advanced In Parameters > MultiStore >
    • Update Shop (Shop A) under the default Group
    • Update URL >

1. Set Main URL = True

2. Set Status = Enabled

3. Domain = www.DomainA.com

4. Domain SSL = www.DomainA.com

5. Physical URI = /

6. Virtual URI = {Empty}

7. Your final URL will be = www.DomainA.com
  • Create new Shop (Shop B ) under the default Group
  • Add new URL >

1. Set Main URL = True

2. Set Status = Enabled

3. Domain = www.DomainB.com

4. Domain SSL = www.DomainB.com

5. Physical URI = /

6. Virtual URI = {Empty}

7. Your final URL will be = www.DomainB.com

After all the above setup, I am able to go to www.DomainA.com and see the installed version of 1.5 (exactly the same as before I enabled the MultiStore); and for www.DomainB.com, it continue to show the “Parked” godaddy template, but not a “PrestaShop” with DomainB, and nothing seems changed.

I have a couple of questions here.

1. Do I need to add the “Parked” domain (DomainB.com) into the same hosting plan as DomainA.com; or Do I need to make any setup/adjustment on the nameservers or DNS for DomainB.com? Do I need to make them pointing to the same Nameserver as DomainA etc?

2. I found some suggestion saying that “Add ServerAlias records to Apache configuration on your VirtualHost section” – Do I really need to do this, any detail steps suggested?

3. Not sure if the URL re-writing in step 1 above was the main issue causing the MultiStore function not working properly, as I see some forums said this URL re-writing affect the .htaccess read write access.

4. If I have to host the “Parked” domain (DomainB.com), how should I setup the URL section above for both DomainA and DomainB? The reason I am asking this specifically because I am not sure what to put especially in the Physical URI.

i. Set Main URL = True

ii. Set Status = Enabled

iii. Domain = www.DomainB.com

iv. Domain SSL = www.DomainB.com

v. Physical URI = /

vi. Virtual URI = {Empty}

vii. Your final URL will be = www.DomainB.com

I understand that your time is valueable, but please kindly provide more details on how to set this up, as I am sure there are lots of people out there like me trying to make this work. Please kindly let me know if I may provide you with further information. Look forward hearing from you, and thanks in advance for your help and your knowledge sharing.

Best Regards,

CK

Edited by ckyuen (see edit history)

I've got some experience in 1.4/1.3 MultiShop and hope this helps.

For DomainB.com

URL setup:

• for cpanel (park to DomainA.com)
  • for plesk (alias to DomainA.com)
  • for shared (point to your installation)
  • there is no need to update apache...

When you first start testing, you need to clear your cookies and browser cache.

See if this get's your testing a bit further...

• Like 1

Hi Elpatron,

Thank you so much for your suggestions, I park the DomainB.com's on DomainA.com and waited for about an hour for godaddy to update its' domain information, and clear my cookies and browser cache, it works!!! I have spent days on trying to figure out how to resolve this problem, and that's it. Really appreciated for sharing your knowledge. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,

CK

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I have a similar setup to the above, however I am using shared hosting so have created a re-direct on Helm, but my PS MultiStore setup is the same as above.

So I have "www.domain1.com/test-store" as my main PS install. I create a redirect in helm for "www.domain2.com" to direct to "www.domain1.com/test-store".

Now when I try to visit domain2.com it directs to "www.domain1.com/test-store" and this is showing the main store, not my second store.

Can anyone advise what I might be doing wrong?

------------------------------------------

hello elpatron - I know I have a separate post on MultiStore that you have replied on, but this one is more specific to the configuration so though it would be better to ask this question here :)

I have actually resolved this issue now, thanks to my webhost!

When using shared hosting on Helm, it is a domain alias that is needed for this to work.

So for the main installation domain, e.g. "DomainA.com", in Helm add an alias to this domain for the domain of your 2nd store.

This has worked for me anyway, hope it can help others...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...