Hi all. I am getting an Internal Server Error while trying to regenerate thumbnails. 

I already did amendments in php.ini file as per Benjamin Utterback at http://www.prestashop.com/blog/en/where-is-php-ini-file/, but I am still getting the same error. Also, I already spoke with hosting provider, and they confirmed that it was still not enough time to execute thumbnails regeneration. Please advise what kind of solution can be found in this case?  

well, you hoster said where the problem is

there is not enough time to regenerate all thumbnails

it just means that your max script execution time (of php scripts) is limited, and the only one way to fix it is just insreasing the max execution time value.

anyway, if you will continue regenerating thumbs for several times, php script will regenerate them all

(ps doesnt start regenerate from the first thumb - just starts regenrating process from thumb where script stopped)

After few attempts to regenerate thumbnails I got a message into admin panel: 

Cannot write "No picture" image to (products) images folder. Please check the folder's writing permissions.

Please note, that after first attempt I switched off function to erase previuous images, because before it was switched on and I had 10 attempts in a row to regenerate thubnails with no success.