hey, its been ages since iv been on the forums, or done anything with my site, so i decided to get back on task and continue with my store. I liked the look of the backoffice in prestashop 1.6 so i upgraded my store from 1.5.2 to 1.6, and now my sits all over the place

im aware this is due to me customizing my template in 1.5 so i think im going to have to re-design the entire site again, but i dont know where to start, as the template the upgrade installed (bootstrap) is a messy page to start with. 

is it possible to just get the template  without modifications, or should i install a whole new prestashop 

1.6 on my server and start new? 

www.exposeclothing.com.au

well i did the unthinkable... i removed the whole data base and installed the new prestashop 1.6 fresh. 

im attempting to edit the theme and im soo confused, its all different from the template i was used to.

so i managed to change the background, but then the background shows through the whole site -

usually i would go to #page header and add a background color, but i cant find the #page header.

where i have the headers for all modules or blocks, i want it to be like my last prestashop design, i had this very thin line which was gradient from top to bottom, and as a header background, it somehow managed to repeat itself for the whole area of the header....

so to tried to acheive the same, i went and uploaded my thin line (bg_blockmenus.png) to the file

/themeconfigurator/img/ bg_blockmenus.png

i then edited the global.css file at line 6052

.block .title_block,
.block h4 {
  background: url(public_html/modules/themeconfigurator/img/bg_blockmenus.png) repeat-x;

i deleted cookies then had a look, and the image displays as a question mark - does this mean the directory is wrong? 

also my firebug, and chrome tools cant find the file i should edit, it just shows up for most areas 

element.style {
}

with a few paragraphs of related styles which have lines through them... 

i dont understand what am i suppose to edit with this template,
the themeconfigurator theme8.css file, the global file, or the independent module css files?

post-330384-0-69973900-1398002718_thumb.jpg

post-330384-0-20123500-1398002750_thumb.jpg

i think it would be best to put your theme images in yourdomain/themes/yourtheme/img folder and then from global.css file you need to set image path like this:

background: url(../img/yourimage.png)...;

You are using theme8 set from themeconfigurator. Themes from theme configurator just override some design classes like button colors, backgrounds etc.

Most of css styles are in global.css.

Most of modules have their own .css files.

You should edit them in override files which are in yourtheme/css/modules/

For the background edit the global.css file and at line 5253 you should find the code below the first column container will set the background the second columns will set the background of the center columns, set this to #fff or white or you will need to edit a lot of other areas to show any other color.

.columns-container {
  background: url(../img/iyourimage.jpg);
  }

#columns {
  position: relative;
  padding-bottom: 50px;
  padding-top: 15px;
  background:#fff
  }

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello exposeclothing
To override the img, you need down your css files and go back to the original source img.

example:

original file
    background: url(../img/footer-bg.png)

override file
    background: url(../../../../../../modules/themeconfigurator/img/footer-bg.png)

With this method, you will have no problem with the updated