Top Menu Problem

So as the title suggests i dont know whats causing it but.........

All my drop downs when hovered on the top menu are displaying horizontally. however one category is displaying the sub categories verticaly. 

I dont know whats causing it, so i cant fix it... anyone found the same problem? If so any idea how to fix?

Cheers

Try if this helps you:

In yourtheme/css/modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css check if you have this style:

.sf-menu > li > ul > li.first-in-line-lg {
clear: left;
}

Delete clear: left; and see if it works.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i will be honest, 

top menu has got bad css styling, especially when we have got different number of subcategories attached to "parent" category displayed there.

it should appear like default pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/

not as it appears now.

your blocks inside top menu must have the same height to display properly, otherwise it will be messed up.

i will be honest, 

top menu has got bad css styling, especially when we have got different number of subcategories attached to "parent" category displayed there.

it should appear like default pinterest page http://www.pinterest.com/

not as it appears now.

your blocks inside top menu must have the same height to display properly, otherwise it will be messed up.

Thks vekia, but this problem only arise after solving the problem with missaligned subcategories removing 

"clear:left" in 

.sf-menu > li > ul > li.first-in-line-lg {

clear: left;

}

from

yourtheme/css/modules/blocktopmenu/css/superfish-modified.css 

that is, if I left "clear:left" 2nd level subcategories are missaligned

if I remove "clear:left" 2nd level subcategories are aligned but 3rd level is messed up like in the attachhed image.

Is it possible to see this on a site. I never used 3rd level so i didn't know about this problem. But as vekia said this is some kind of bad menu styling

of course.

you can see it at

http://gustiplau.com

now "clear:left" is present in the css file and 2nd level subcategories are missaligned. you can see it in "Los Destilados" or "El condimento" options.

Hi Vekia.

Your solution doesn't seem to work and I have the same problem as xsk8zorsx  Unless I am not modifying the right file.

This is the path of the file I am changing, please correct me if I have the wrong one.

\themes\default-bootstrap\css\modules\blocktopmenu\css\

Thank you

Hello,
If your only problem is in align, here you have it should help:

ul.sf-menu > li > ul li {
    text-align: center;
}

It will align center every single level of menu except first one

You're editing right file, but remeber if there have two css selectors with same strength last one will be used.

Edited by falkor (see edit history)