Complete CSV example to import product combinations in PS 1.5

gr4devel

Hi community :)

Is it possibile to have a complete example (with all the fields) of a CSV file for the product combinations import?

I'm trying to create a product combinations CSV from the products CSV but without a complete example of the first CSV I'm a little bit stuck.

As alwasy thanks to everyone will try to help me :).

Edited by gr4devel (see edit history)

Oh gosh I don't know how to set up the combination price in the CSV :(

In the BO tab related to the CSV importation (in PS 1.5) there is field "Impact on price" but no "Price".

But if I look in the db (i.e. ps_product_attribute) there is also a "Price" field. I'm getting a little bit confused...

How am I supposed to write down the combination price?

I mean, for an attribute name I simply write "attribute_name:attribute_type:attribute_position" but what should I write for "Impact on price"?

P.S: sorry if my explanation isn't clear but the problem I'm trying to solve is a particularly complex and I'm still trying to figure out how to solve it...

Hello

I've never used this field as my price is usually set in the product import file. My combinations are all the same price so I don't put in a price in the combinations import file. This means that the combination price is inherited from the product price. There is no harm in trying to input a figure in the "Impact on Price" field on the import file and see how it's imported in.

I would think that your combinations price would usually be the same as your product price, but I may be wrong. For example, if you have a basic car price and then combinations of different colour may increase the price by that amount, so:

Basic Car Price = £100

Colour Combination = White - additional cost = £0

Colour Combination = Silver - additional cost = £20

This may be how it works, but it should be fairly easy to try this out by testing the import process.

Good luck.

Thank you very much prestatent your explanation is extremely clear! :)

In my case each product have always at leas one combination, the default one. This one doesn't impact on product price but must be there because it identify two product's characteristics that must be always present no matter what product I'm considering.

At the end the default combination "is" the product.

Now the problem is that the other combinations represents actually other products...  :wacko:

Oh buddy I think I'm really handling the products in the wrong way...

Anyway you're right concerning the CSV...the only thing that I can do is to try or to hope that some PS developers will light us about it...

BTW thank you very much you really help me a lot :D

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

Hello ,

Can we import Bulk data into our store through the excel file .xls file in any easy way because while uploading and editing with the .csv file its format gets change and its very much hard to get use to with a person when there is more then 500 products to upload per day for a person.

i want to do the excel sheet product uploading process like this is it possible

http://sellerhelp.snapdeal.com/?p=826

Hi,

Where can i give image link for each and every products in the csv file from the local system

Thanks 

uday

You should have the image link somewhere on the web so that you can define an url.

The way I work is usually:

- get a list of the file names with a "dir /b >mylist" in a windows command box

- add a as a prefix to all the names something like "http://www.myshop.com/tmp/"

- insert this list in the csv file

- create a tmp directory in my shop and copy all the images there.

Now you can import the csv file and all images will be imported.

Of course what works best depends on the naming conventions for your images.

Very similar isue:

Does anybody know why Presta (PS 1.5 and 1.6) ignore the field "default" in combinations ?

Below I enclose my import file. The "default"  field is the last one.

17178;Wzór:Przycisk jednokrotnego wyboru:1;A:1;;;;;;;;0;;;0
17178;Wzór:Przycisk jednokrotnego wyboru:1;B:2;;;;;;;;103;;;1

Thank for help / suggestions.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

We are trying to create a csv sheet of products through Excel sheet of MS Office 2013 but when we are saving it as .csv format then the attributes are not displayed in comma seperated format rather than in the conventional excel format.Please help us in converting the excel sheet to a sheet of products with attributes seperated by commas.When we are trying to save as the excel sheet in csv format the sheet is getting saved in such format with .csv extension but the values remain as the same in tables & rows like in old excel format.Please help us.

Thanks,

Kalyan G,

1stbuy

• 6 months later...

Hi All

These import format files are useful for those with the latest 1.6.1.4 Prestashop setup.

You can use these for formatting your products or doing group editing before exporting and doing final prep on your csv product import file.

best regards

Greg

prestashop 1,6.1.4 product spreadsheet format base.ods.txt

prestashop 1,6.1.4 product spreadsheet format base.xlsx.txt