Big Problem, Blank page.

Hello Friends,

I've got a really annoying problem, i dont have any clue to solve it. Description:

When you put a product in cart, and going to "Checkout", it takes you to: order.php?step=1. But, when im comming there, i just get a blank white page. I have tried with everything i think. I've tried to replace all modules in modules/ folder, i've tried another theme, but no change.

Do someone knows where the problem could be? Could it be a permission problem? Really strange problem....

Thanks in advance.

Could it be a permission problem? Really strange problem....

Yes and no.
Write permissions on files and folders:
# /config
# /tools/smarty/compile
# /sitemap.xml

Write permissions on folders and subfolders/recursively:
# /img
# /mails
# /modules
# /themes/prestashop/lang
# /translations
# /upload
# /download

Julian, i have already set the CHMOD correct on every folder. I thought it could be a permission problem for the costumer account ... but i guess no. I cant understand how this appears, its kinda wierdo. After i get the white page, i need to delete "Domain Cookies" to acess the site again.

The strange thing is that it has worked fine before... the latest date it worked good were: 2008-12-05 ... Is there any logs or something i could delete from the site FTP or what do you guys think i should do? this is a huge problem.

The blank page will be due to an error in the php code. The most reliable way of discovering what the problem is would be to look at the error log on the server - however - most hosting companies don't bother setting this up. I suggest you contact your hosting company and ask where/how you can have php errors logged on your site. You can then report back the error message that appears in the log file.

Paul

I have no Presta Live-Shop, I am evaluating it just on a localhost and have already seen those blank pages problem. It has nothing to do with SSL or wrong php code. Prestashop has some problems on Unix-Servers with activated cache systems like APC, XCache or eAccelerator. It can happen with some pages like the shopping cart. And it can happen while trying to login into the admin section. Maybe your hoster did activate one of those cache systems.
Prestashop does not work well with those cache systems.

Your statement "It has nothing to do with SSL or wrong php code" is wrong I'm afraid. I'm not saying that using those extensions you've mentioned won't cause a similar symptom, but they're most certainly not the only thing that causes them, and I suspect are only relevant in a small number of cases - most hosting won't have them installed by default, as they're not always compatible......

It does give the OP another avenue to explore though.

Paul

Ive got the same problem.
Blank order.php screen following the shipping stage of the checkout.
I'm running
// localhost
php 5.2.6
mySQL 5.0.67
Mozilla firefox
Windows XP
Default Theme
Only 3 products listed for testing purposes.

So if its a wrong PHP code problem then its a PresaShop problem!
What can I do to get a log of PHP ERROR CODES ??

Cheers

On your local host you need to edit the php.ini files to turn it on (there's probably more than one copy on there; apache will have its own copy).

Lookfor the section headed :

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Error handling and logging ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Use the following settings to enable it (probably needs you to restart apache)

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
log_errors = On
error_log = C:\xampp\apache\logs\phperror.log

Note that in the last line, the actual location of the log file will depend on the software you're using. Some of these configuration values will be commented out by default, so make sure you remove the semi-colon at the start of the line before changing the value.

Paul

Thanks Paul,
The log file was only generated following the blank orders.php screen.
PHP error log messages as follows,

[08-Jan-2009 21:48:19] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: delivery_state in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 125

[08-Jan-2009 21:48:19] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 125

[08-Jan-2009 21:48:19] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: invoice_state in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 134

[08-Jan-2009 21:48:19] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 134

I'll have a look at the mailalerts.php file but im not a programmers freckle.

Hope you can help.

Yep,
all the folders n files have the correct permissions . All write enabled as per instruction.

mailalerts.php

line 125 '{delivery_state}' => $delivery->id_state ? $delivery_state->name : '',
line 134 '{invoice_state}' => $invoice->id_state ? $invoice_state->name : '',

Updating "My Account" I see that the State box shows "--" even tho the state value "South Australia" is showing in the saved address.
I would have thort the State would be showing the previously set value rather than "--". Is that normal ?
When I set the address to USA (Arizona) , it still crashes.

Happy trails

Hmm.. no one has any ideas for a fix?

I had similar problem when using zen cart, also gave a blank page (almost blank, some text) at the same stage of the cart.
Turned out that it was a SQL query bug with SQL 5
The zen fix was to check for invalid data in a variable. /includes/classes/order.php file.
PrestaShop does things a little differently, but I m hoping this info may help.

Prestashop is easier to setup than ZenCart, and the Cart module is good, especially the more secure way PS handles downloadable product.

Would be better if the "Shipping" stage was skipped for virtual products, and PS NEEDS an AusPost shipping module !

But until I have a fix for this problem, I cant use PresaShop.

Now, my PHP errors shown in the previous post:
line 125 ‘{delivery_state}’ => $delivery->id_state ? $delivery_state->name : ‘’,
line 134 ‘{invoice_state}’ => $invoice->id_state ? $invoice_state->name : ‘’,

Maybe there is an SQL query problem when accessing id_state, $delivery_state & $invoice_state ??

I dont know , but thort this info might help solve issue.
Anyone have same issue? Anyone have a fix ?

Anyone out there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I will try this tonight and if it works I will leave info and if it does not work could you please explain how i can enable logging on Prestashop to see some kind of output in a files that I can A work through and B upload to the forum for others to view

Many thanks
ADy

Sorry,

I want to enable some type of looging within Prestashop so that with errors like this, i can refer to a log of some kind to track down the issue.
Searched the forum but could not find a document on how to do this.
I would like to be able to track errors down myself and post relative nformation on issues. not just "I have a blank screen" but I have a blank screen and my error log is this and i have tried this etc etc

Look at the first page of this post for PHP error logging.
Edit your \windows\php.ini file to enable error logging:
Find the following lines ...
Mine looks like this:

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
log_errors = On
error_log = error_log = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\php_error_log

as I am running on a development machine and also using several cart programs, running Apache2.2, mySQL5, PHP5

I'd love to find a fix for this !

[Wed Feb 18 20:20:28 2009] [error] [client 88.208.201.69] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/favicon.ico
[Wed Feb 18 20:00:06 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:56:04 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:50:32 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:50:28 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:50:10 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:50:00 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:39:57 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:39:55 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:39:24 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:39:20 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:39:17 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:04:44 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:04:40 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 19:04:39 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg
[Wed Feb 18 18:55:45 2009] [error] [client 90.216.161.10] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/favicon.ico
[Wed Feb 18 18:35:21 2009] [error] [client 92.14.240.59] File does not exist: /home/dare2wea/public_html/img/p/en-default-medium.jpg

Hope this helps

Ady

Ok then,

I have checked all file permissions and a database backup is made before every import of items on the site, so i have removed teh database and setup a new database and have tried to restore it using phpadmin but keep getting a script timeout, the backup file is 1.5 mag and php admin has a max of a 50meg file.
After all of this i am putting it down to bad hosting with the page not displaying due to something there end

Does this sound right given the issues i am having restoring the database.

The site is built and too much data is in the database for me to do that,
I am convinced that it is rubbish hosting, I have left it with the person I am doing the site for but if they still have issues I am going to put it on my hosting as i have had my wifes site flames4u.co.uk for well into four months no with no issues at all. I am convinced i would be able to run it fine there but i will give the other hosting company chance to have a look.
Will post info back about how i get on as it seems to be a fault with little info on it.

Hi to all.. Just thought I'd better check... are the latest postings still following the original thread topic,
ie Blank Page during the check-out process. ?? its a bit hard to tell.
If so.. I reckon we need an expert from PrestTeam to help with this.
I'm still stuck with this problem on my development machine, and cant proceed.

If the thread has gone off topic too far, then maybe its time to start a new one.

Looking forward.

help

Hi to all.. Just thought I'd better check... are the latest postings still following the original thread topic,
ie Blank Page during the check-out process. ?? its a bit hard to tell.
If so.. I reckon we need an expert from PrestTeam to help with this.
I'm still stuck with this problem on my development machine, and cant proceed.

If the thread has gone off topic too far, then maybe its time to start a new one.

Looking forward.

help

The site is built and too much data is in the database for me to do that,
I am convinced that it is rubbish hosting, I have left it with the person I am doing the site for but if they still have issues I am going to put it on my hosting as i have had my wifes site flames4u.co.uk for well into four months no with no issues at all. I am convinced i would be able to run it fine there but i will give the other hosting company chance to have a look.
Will post info back about how i get on as it seems to be a fault with little info on it.

May we know who is you host?

• 1 month later...

In my case, my host is localhost/ on windows Apache Development Machine.
I have not gone live with this.
I very much doubt that its a host server problem.

Where is the PRESTA TEAM for this one ?
Looks like an SQL query problem to me, but I am no expert, if I was i may have fixed it by now, its been almost 5 months, still no Presta team response.

Actually, this has been so long now.. I have my site up and running at www.remoteone.com.au but using ZEN CART not Prestashop.
I wanted to use PrestaShop because it much much easier to use than ZenCart. But there was no Presta Team response to this problem. So I had to Battle it out elsewhere. And believe me ZenCart IS A BATTLE !
I see that others have a similar problem thus still monitor this post for the benefit of others. I really like Prestashop, much easier thn ZenCart, but could not resolve this issue.

• 4 weeks later...

I get this after installing the UPS Shipping API module...
A fresh install seems to work okay.

I replaced Carrier.php with the original, and order.php is now working. Of course now the UPS API module doesn't have a chance at working...

• 3 months later...

I'm back.
Perhaps this is an Apache problem (especially on localhost test machine).
Does Prestashop need to be using .htaccess ?
Does Apache need "mod_rewrite" enabled ?
(LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so) and ( AllowOverride All) in the file C:\....Apache2.2\conf\httpd.conf then restart Apache.
I enabled these to fix a ZenCart problem, thort it might be worth asking the question as I no longer get the Blank Page in Prestashop on my localhost since making these changes to Apache.

OOps,
IPS still not woring, just that Blank page is now at the last Checkout page.
PHP errors:
[07-Aug-2009 15:15:56] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: delivery_state in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 125

[07-Aug-2009 15:15:56] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 125

[07-Aug-2009 15:15:56] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: invoice_state in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 134

[07-Aug-2009 15:15:56] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\prestashop\modules\mailalerts\mailalerts.php on line 134

So something has changed but it still aint working.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I had a very similar problem with user registration where a user could register and order right away but when I came back to login to my test user account, the administration.php page was completely blank.

I solved this problem in the following way.

1. I added a blank .htaccess file to the root store directory and then
2. In admin panel, I went to Tools ==> Generators and generated the .htaccess file in the first menu option.

Now your old accounts may not work but new accounts registered after this all work fine for me. I can go thru the process of ordering right until I am redirected to Paypal to submit payment for the items.

Good Luck
Adam
www.adamjrodriguez.com

• 2 months later...

Just to let you know, I had the same issue after I installed the Block USPS API v0.3.2 with the blank checkout screen.
I changed the theme on my site and it straightened up.
Then I just copied the "order-carrier.tpl" from the original install of PrestaShop and pasted it in my theme.
I am kinda new at this whole thing so I can't tell you why the files were so different but it did work.

• 2 months later...

I sometimes get blank page after pressing 'confirm order' using cash on delivery. Not always but often ! I have set all correct folder permissions.

the following error appears:
[24-Mar-2010 04:50:17] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method Tools::gethttphost() in /home/eprosfor/public_html/philippospsyllos/modules/cashondelivery/validation.php on line 24

line 24 in validation.php contains:

'this_path_ssl' => (Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED') ? 'https://' : 'http://').htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'], ENT_COMPAT, 'UTF-8').__PS_BASE_URI__.'modules/cashondelivery/\

I have NOT installed ssl certificate on my site. I have NOT enabled ssl in back office

can u please help me ! its urgent !!!!

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I just had this problem happen and never had the issue before. All of my files and sub directories for the whole site are chmod to 777, the only thing i did with the files were move some of the blocks around to display where I wanted them. I can go onto the main page just fine but when I try to click the links it goes to a white page that says CART : then in white text it says product products fatal error

I think i figured out the issue...godaddy is performing matinence on there stuff so i cant login to my account.. that might have to do with the website not working correctly