[Solved] Show product combination weight

Sekka

Hello everyone,

I'm working on prestashop 1.7.5.0 and I want to show the product weight on the product page.

I found that {$product->weight} was available and its working fine.

When it comes to combinations, its not the same though. {$combination->weight} isnt working nor does {$product_attribute.weight}. Is there any way or a smarty variable to show the combination weight on the product page ? 

Thank you :)

Edited by Sekka (see edit history)

Well if a combination as a different weight, I want to show it on the product page (ie. if the XL size of a product weights 1kg and the L size weights 0.5kg I want to show it on the product page). If the weight isn't dynamic at first its ok, I'd just like to be able to show it.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:10 AM, Sekka said:

As the combination weight is determined by "weight difference" from the original weight you'd have to go with something like that :

{$product->weight+$combinations[$product.id_product_attribute]["weight"]}

Thanks, this works fine also for me but it doesn't refresh when I change the combination... How can I refresh the value?

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2020 at 9:10 AM, Sekka said:

As the combination weight is determined by "weight difference" from the original weight you'd have to go with something like that :

This works great, but as others have mentioned it's not refreshing when you change attribute.

If refreshing is out in this case, maybe if there is a way to pool all attributes weights at once, that would also be very useful.

Thanks for the first solution! 

• 3 months later...
On 1/14/2021 at 2:24 PM,  CC  said:

This works great, but as others have mentioned it's not refreshing when you change attribute.

I can't agree to that, as this is working perfectly fine upon choosing another combination(attribute) on the product page.

Mechanics behind that is covered by PrestaShop Core in Product Controller , method displayAjaxRefresh: (https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/blob/4edececed3066f483a472d2ac9f611a7e800ad60/controllers/front/ProductController.php#L400

The method does re-rendering some product _partials templates(price, pictures, EAN, Index, and Weight too if you place it in proper _partials template in your theme), which is then processed by JS.

This is all built-in,

EDIT:

Sir, maybe you have pasted this line of code

outside of re-rendered _partials templates

I think you can choose one of those files(from above github link method):

'product_prices' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-prices'),
'product_cover_thumbnails' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-cover-thumbnails'),
'product_customization' => $this->render(
    'catalog/_partials/product-customization',
    //...
),
'product_details' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-details'),
'product_variants' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-variants'),
'product_discounts' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-discounts'),
'product_add_to_cart' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-add-to-cart'),
'product_additional_info' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-additional-info'),
'product_images_modal' => $this->render('catalog/_partials/product-images-modal'),

• Like 1