Fatal Error Accessing Module

Dear all,

please advice.

i updated prestashop to 1.6.1.4 and installed leo fashion theme then  i have the following problem when accessing module

[PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home4/ezov1987/public_html/ezovclothestore.com.sg/modules/ebay/ebay.php:
require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home4/ezov1987/public_html/ezovclothestore.com.sg/modules/ebay/backward_compatibility/backward.php' (include_path='/home4/ezov1987/public_html/ezovclothestore.com.sg/tools/htmlpurifier/standalone:.:/opt/php52/lib/php')

please advice on what to do.

many many thanks!
Edited by giant (see edit history)

I have exactly the same problem :(

EDIT: Just made fresh PS installation and the same problem when trying to install eBay Marketplace Official Module. All other modules could be installed without any errors. 

... Me too!

I Have the same problem with Prestashop 1.6.1.4.  :(

The backwards compatibility pack was missing from the module's ZIP. 

Here's a version which includes the compatibility pack. It fixes the problem for me:

It works. For anyone wondering, remove the module folder on modules-->ebay and then go, add new module from the zip and then go and install the ebay module from the list as usual. It took me a minute to realize :D

Hi. I've had issues with the eBay module recently too.

When you say delete the bay folder from modules is it simply a question of deleting the folder and then adding the .zip file that you attached to this conversation? I'm not very familiar with FTP files and I don't want to break the store.

I ask as I've also had issues with a theme and the theme provider has given me the .zip file for the theme with some updates in it for me. If I can replace an eBay module by simply deleting the folder and adding it again then will the same work for a theme?

Thanks

Hi. I've had issues with the eBay module recently too.

When you say delete the bay folder from modules is it simply a question of deleting the folder and then adding the .zip file that you attached to this conversation? I'm not very familiar with FTP files and I don't want to break the store.

I ask as I've also had issues with a theme and the theme provider has given me the .zip file for the theme with some updates in it for me. If I can replace an eBay module by simply deleting the folder and adding it again then will the same work for a theme?

Thanks

This is the message that I get: [PrestaShop] Fatal error in module file :/home/sites/woolfurniture.co.uk/public_html/shop/modules/ebay/upgrade/Upgrade-1.12.2.php:

Call to a member function deleteConfigurationByName() on a non-object