Category ID numbers used to name the true name of the category that it is....how to get loaded?

I have several suppliers that are using number id's to send down the categories with their price files, and i have the file with the id and name depiction, but can't get it to work the way it was described to me.

Does anyone know how to get id's and names to come together and work on prestashop?

Thanks

Sean

Hi there,

I've got a couple of suppliers that are using id numbers to identify the categories that their products go into, but before that, they have a separate category list that has the numbers matched to the names, but i don't know how to get these onto prestashop so when i do the actual import of the products the items will go into the proper categories with their numbers then.

You follow me now?

Sean

Yes you should be able to get this done by

1.creating several categories from your admin panel....

2.Next you will need open your php my admin and browse to this table called ps_category_lang 

3.now just start renaming these categories that where already created using the edit option in phpmyadmin.. write names as per their respective category ids in your category list.And it should be done.

Note this solution is applicable for a prestashop installation with a single store. 

Actually, let me send you the category list that the supplier has issued for us to use, they have the name already on here with it's corresponding number, but i am not sure how to make this work, there's got to be an easier way than that....since the names are already on here with their numbers next to them.

Sean

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=C962155B1CEBDC!76723&authkey=!AJZkd34dB6_ZMTs&ithint=file%2ccsv

Make sure you get the entire link above....

Edited by sean5384 (see edit history)

I keep getting errors everytime i try to upload this file, i even tried to just get the 2nd part only, and i would setup the main categories myself, that didn't even work either, i had someone tell me to use the force id option on the import area, but that didn't work either.............i'm not sure what to do at this point and i really need this supplier, since they are the ones that hold my special authorizations for items.

Sean