How do I disable converting non-ASCII characters to HTML entities and why I should not?

I run a Czech shop and we use a number of non-ASCII characters in Czech alphabet (like Š for SH, Ž for ZH, Č for CH, Ů for OO, Á for long A etc.). I have noticed that when I use these symbols in PrestaShop CMS pages it converts them to HTML entities (like š for Š, ý for Ý etc.). This sabotages the source code readability and searchability and makes the characters to take too much bytes (do I really have to use 8 bytes to encode a single letter?). So I am curious how can this behaviour be disabled and if there are any reasons why I should leave this as is.

Help please. I prefer source code editing over using the WYSIWYG editor very much but this feature turns my whole source into unreadable crap every time I save it.

Edited by StrangeAttractor (see edit history)

My editor supports unicode but once I copy-paste the text to PrestaShop's CMS editor, press Save (in PrestaShop CMS) the effect I have described is applied so next time I open the article in the CMS editor and view the source I see all symbols that can be replaced with HTML entities replaced so editing it in-place becomes pain.