Error al entrar al backend " Warning: PDO::__construct():"

Hola nose que paso pero al entrar al backend me aparece el siguiente mensaje

Warning: PDO::__construct(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password] in /home/prosemil/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 46

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method umknown to the client.

HELP ME PLEACE !! :)

• 1 month later...

Hola nose que paso pero al entrar al backend me aparece el siguiente mensaje

Warning: PDO::__construct(): The server requested authentication method unknown to the client [mysql_old_password] in /home/prosemil/public_html/classes/db/DbPDO.php on line 46

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method umknown to the client.

HELP ME PLEACE !! :)

Landed in same problem after activating PDO mysql in easyapache. Kindly arrange how to fix

Came to a solution myself. Its easy

Create a new user of sql in phpmyadmin and then assign the same to the database used for PS. 

Change the details in settings.inc.php . The new user 

VOILA,. issue resolved. Backend live again

did not work for me, still with the problem

• 1 month later...

Hola, probe a crear un nuevo usuario sql y asignarle los privilegios desde Cpanel en mi caso y funciono perfectamente como dice swickaar, gracias.

Hi, i try to create a new sql user with needed privileges and assign through Cpanel to the running prestashop and works perfect, like swickarr says, thanks

• 3 months later...

Came to a solution myself. Its easy

Create a new user of sql in phpmyadmin and then assign the same to the database used for PS. 

Change the details in settings.inc.php . The new user 

VOILA,. issue resolved. Backend live again

Glad i came across this post, worked a treat for me too. Thankyou for the solution

• 6 months later...

Buenas noches,

He probado la opción que comentais de crear un nuevo usuario y asignarlo a la BD, y no ha funcionado.

Me ha funcionado cambiar en la cuenta de cpanel la versión de php 5.3 (estaba en la 5.4 native).

Lo he hecho en tres dominios diferentes y tema resuelto de momento :).

Lo que no se porque me dejo de fallar. Lo mismo en el servidor que lo tengo me modificaron la versión a usar de php.

A propósito de esto, ¿sabéis cual es la versión recomendable de php a usar?.

¨Gracias y Un saludo

• 2 weeks later...