[SOLVED] Override blocklayered.php

prestatent

Prestashop 1.5.4.1 on windows 7 running on localhost.

Hi

I need to override blocklayered.php. Where should I place the overrride code. It does not work when placed in the themes module directory. Should the override module be placed in a modules folder in the overrrides directory?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

David

Edited by prestatent (see edit history)

Hi El Patron

Have just tried this but no joy. I only copied blocklayered.php to override/classes/module.

I also copied to override/classes/module/blocklayered to try, but again no joy.

I've looked at documentation on this, but any mention of overrides only relates to the the .tpl files and not the actual .php files for modules.

Thanks

Update.

Do to there being a lack of documentation on this subject (none that I can find anyway), I have had to update the core blocklayered.php file to get the result I'm looking for. I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a standard way to override modules in the same way as for classes and controllers.

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Do to there being a lack of documentation on this subject (none that I can find anyway), I have had to update the core blocklayered.php file to get the result I'm looking for. I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a standard way to override modules in the same way as for classes and controllers.

I have the same problem, and I'm quite as disappointed as you.. ;)

Also, in this case the documentation is not good, as you said.