[Solved] How Can I Mark A Topic As Solved?

AKJV

Question

How do I mark a topic in the forum as solved?

The old forum system allowed me to modify the topic title of threads that I created but I can't find such an option anymore.

The topic that I want to mark as solved has been created before the move to the new forum system. Could that be the problem?

8 answers to this question

How do I mark a topic in the forum as solved?

The old forum system allowed me to modify the topic title of threads that I created but I can't find such an option anymore.

The topic that I want to mark as solved has been created before the move to the new forum system. Could that be the problem?

Hi there,

Top right, go to 'my content' and click on your topic. Click on edit button, then click full editor, there you can edit the topic title and add solved.

Hope this helps! Don't know if it also applies to old topics from before forum change.

Wendy smile.gif

• Like 4

Thanks Wendy!

Clicking on the full editor did indeed allow me to change the topic title. I must have missed that somehow.

It messed up the original text message though, so I had to fix that as well (but there are already other topics on that issue).

Cheers,

Andreas

Thanks Wendy!

Clicking on the full editor did indeed allow me to change the topic title. I must have missed that somehow.

It messed up the original text message though, so I had to fix that as well (but there are already other topics on that issue).

Cheers,

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Glad it worked! I had the very same problem a few days ago and it took me ages to figure it out! Glad I did though because I've been able to help someone for the first time!! biggrin.gif

hi all,

if i mark a topic solved im thinking that nobody will comment on it. so if my issue is solved, but i have a couple questions on the end, and would like to discuss it, should i remove the [sOLVED] from it to make sure it happens? or do you find that users still resurrect threads that are solved?

Well, my take on this is that when you mark a topic as solved, it still will be of interest for those that have the same or similar issue, to find out the proposed solution to a problem.

Removing the 'Solved' tag again from a topic title may lead to confusion so I would advise against it (provided the original question has been answered). I believe that people that reply in a topic are automatically subscribed to that topic, so they receive a notification when a new message has been posted. So when you post additional questions, you'll likely get the attention of those that helped you out in the first place.

Of course, when you don't get replies anymore (for a couple of days), you could always start a new topic. Just make sure that the topic title is clear and specific, to increase the chances of getting help.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

Andreas