Pack Quantity

I just started exploring the pack functionality and was sad to see it is so limited. Is there any simple work around to base the pack stock quantity on the products in the pack. So if a pack is sold it will subtract from the proper inventory and show out of stock if any of the items in the pack are out of stock. I saw a module that does this but it very expensive and it adds the products to the cart individually instead of as a pack.

It seems like this should be a core feature of having a product pack.

• 2 weeks later...

no kidding... ditto that. anything with this software having to do with inventory control is a mess. they provide a zillion different ways to offer discounts, but no way to logically track inventory. all i want to do is create like 5 designs and print them on tshirts. won't track the inventory no matter how you try to do it. it won't carry attributes over from item to item. i gave up and figured i would just make my item each design then put size as the group/attribute... problem is even if i put 30 as the design count, it gets overridden by whatever the attribue inventory is - and you can't leave it blank or turn attribute inventory off. it's a mess... so i thought maybe i could attach the items together and sell them as a pack - one item would be the shirt and one item would be the design. sounds good - til you realize what you did... it won't drop the inventory of the items that make up the pack. the whole thing is ill thought out. the rest of the cart - fan-dam-tastic. the inventory control - awful. paypal buttons do more than this cart in terms of inventory. i'm going to check out that mod you talked about... see if i can find some sort of weird work around for this. even if i do fix it, my next problem no doubt will be getting items to show up in the pack, but not individually. reply if you find a solution.

by the way, that link on the posting above doesn't work.