[Solved]Max User Connections causing error 500 Admin only 1.7.6.1

tamarillojohn61

(3/3) DriverException

An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User john007_elect already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

in AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 115

at AbstractMySQLDriver->convertException('An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User john007_elect already has more than \'max_user_connections\' active connections', object(PDOException))in DBALException.php line 145

at DBALException::driverException(object(Driver), object(PDOException))in Driver.php line 47

There is much more than this.  It started when i could not get into Admin at all when i got 500 error. So i went into error mode (cant remember what its called but you change true to false in some file).

That got me into admin but on some pages i get errors and some executions, 

Info:

1. It happened when my hosting company upgraded the Plesk control panel

2. Also i got about five rogue registrations on the site around the same time, but pretty sure they are bots.

3. Also have been getting around 10,000 visits on the site per day (obviously not people)

4. My ps_connections database folder has over 113,000 lines or separate connections for a site that has only been up a month

Does anyone have any idea why this should start happening? Site is https://electrotest.co.nz

Also getting this error.

Link to database cannot be established: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1203] User john007_elect already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections
at line 127 in file classes/db/DbPDO.php

122. public function connect() 123. { 124. try { 125. $this->link = $this->getPDO($this->server, $this->user, $this->password, $this->database, 5); 126. } catch (PDOException $e) { 127. throw new PrestaShopException('Link to database cannot be established: ' . $e->getMessage()); 128. } 129. 130. $this->link->exec('SET SESSION sql_mode = \'\''); 131. 132. return $this->link;

DbPDOCore->connect - [line 330 - classes/db/Db.php]

DbCore->__construct - [line 241 - classes/db/Db.php] - [4 Arguments]

DbCore::getInstance - [line 47 - config/alias.php]

pSQL - [line 340 - classes/shop/Shop.php] - [1 Arguments]

ShopCore::initialize - [line 119 - config/config.inc.php]

require - [line 40 - admin/index.php] - [1 Arguments]

Edited by tamarillojohn61 (see edit history)

Ok, my host is saying because im on a shared server, the largest setting I can go to is 100.  To have more I would have to move to a VPN plan.

Im somehow thinking this is related to the number of connections my database is clocking each day, around 5000. These are probably mostly bots, but does the number of public connections add to this problem? Also does the value of max_user_connections mean the total number of public connections at one time or just registered user connections?

• tamarillojohn61 changed the title to [Solved]Max User Connections causing error 500 Admin only 1.7.6.1
  • 1 year later...
On 12/9/2021 at 5:11 PM, tamarillojohn61 said:

All i had to do was clear the cache manually for the admin and everything came right.

So maybe thats the first thing we should be trying before moving straight away to more complex and more unlikely scenarios

Hi, how do you clear cache manually for admin ?

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2020 at 2:13 AM, tamarillojohn61 said:

Ok, my host is saying because im on a shared server, the largest setting I can go to is 100.  To have more I would have to move to a VPN plan.

Im somehow thinking this is related to the number of connections my database is clocking each day, around 5000. These are probably mostly bots, but does the number of public connections add to this problem? Also does the value of max_user_connections mean the total number of public connections at one time or just registered user connections?

I am also interested in answers to this great questions. 

Does someone know: Are frontend-users also considered, or do only admins/editor (backoffice-users) taken into consideration of "max_user_connections"?