I have installed Prestashop newest release: 1.3.1
When I register the account on the site, there's no problem, but when I disconnect and after I try to connect again, the following message appears:

There is 1 error :
01 authentication failed
« Back

Please help me, I try to make a site and I've not succeeded rid of these error messages at every step :(

• 1 month later...
When I register the account on the site, there's no problem, but when I disconnect and after I try to connect again, the following message appears:

There is 1 error :
01 authentication failed
« Back

Please help me, I try to make a site and I've not succeeded rid of these error messages at every step :(

I've got this error as well. Anyone has got this problem before?????
I can't register. it just gives blank page- no registration.

• 7 months later...

There is 1 error :
01 authentication failed
« Back

I've got this error as well. Anyone has got this problem before?????
I can't register. it just gives blank page- no registration.

I have the same problem once every month or so with some of my customers. found various threads, let's consolidate them to the biggest extent:

possible workaround: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/37277/security/solved_customer_login_issue_with_2_websites_on_the_same_database_dot__dot_/

possible solution (which I, though, do not quite understand as it is pretty technical and I am sure I did neither upgrade PS nor uploaded a database backup):
http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/56816/P0/upgrading_prestashop/database_passwords_error__update_presta_1_dot_2_dot_4_to_1_dot_3__odrer_problems_and_authentications

phil

• 1 month later...

I have same problem after I upgarde 1.31 to 1.41.
at 1st. I checked the setting.inc.php, there was not mistake. then I try to create new A/C and found the PSW in notic email is very long, not as my type.
Then I think there is problem in code.
so i compared the code of authentication between 1.31 and 1.41 (remark: v1.41 is authcontroller.php),
and found line 77 in authcontroller.php wrote

if (!Tools::getValue('is_new_customer'))
$_POST['passwd'] = md5(time()._COOKIE_KEY_);

change to
if (!Tools::getValue('is_new_customer'))
$_POST['passwd'] = trim($_POST['passwd']);

Now I sloved my problem. I think your problem is similar like mine, different is that you just upgrade to 1.31. I suggest you check it step by step like me.

• 3 years later...