Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /mnt/web2/51/49/51477749/htdocs/shop/index.php on line 29

Hello

Please help me again.

While I was setting the language configuration on my site, I got this message and my shop is a blanc sheet. What is that?

What can I do to fix it?

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /mnt/web2/51/49/51477749/htdocs/shop/index.php on line 29

Thank you
Whippet :( very unhappy with prestashop

Hello

I delete my shop completely and install it new.

Everything worked well untill I changed the language part as in the file below. After deleting spanisch, french and italien I got this messeage from my site.

Now I cant work on my site because i cant get into it.
What is wrong with that file? Why it doenst work anymore?

Not happy at all with my choice using presta.

46029_7v1tw6AToVQWku1eR8Hl_t

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm also getting a similar problem coming up I get this...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/wheater/public_html/products/address.php on line 29

This happens when I want to update the address field in the checkout process.

I hope you can help...

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

same thing happen to my site also ..... can someone please answer quick , if there is any way around !!!! shall I upload the whole package again and install ?????

yeah i tried , but just made echoes of the whole index.php file .....

i should mention - this thing happend when I tried to remove the language Italian from the back office (same as the post initiators problem) , every thing was good before that.

yeah i tried , but just made echoes of the whole index.php file .....

i should mention - this thing happend when I tried to remove the language Italian from the back office (same as the post initiators problem) , every thing was good before that.

but this is a syntax error, means unknown code when compiling cannot parse your php code. So it can not be associated with prestashop if you dont edit any source code.
this error usually occurs in PHP 4. Due to php 4 didnot support MVC object technic. Like Class::Function();
Your index file line line 29
ControllerFactory::getController('IndexController')->run();

basically i didnot change any of the codes in this shop. just entering data , but while was trying to remove the language it just happend. I wudl suggest a through check of this laguage module , I dont think it is a php version problem anyway.

Thanks fr ur reply anyway , nd yeah in line 29 it is the same line u say, but wht does it mean , i dont know.

yeah this is a syntex error, that to me means something happend to the codes, while i was trying to remove the language from the back office. I dont know the procedure for bug reporting , if someone else has the same problem , we should report it as a bug init ?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

I had the same problem.

I solve it adding

SetEnv PHP_VER 5

in .htaccess.

It's occurs cause prestashop sets this file when you modify language settings.

Good luck.

humus de lombriz para cesped

pellets de madera

Hello all,

This solution works for me. I just added the line SetEnv PHP_VER 5 in my .htaccess file and the site works well.

Before adding this line my PHP Version was 4.4.9 but after addition it is showing 5.2.17.

My Prestashop version is 1.6.1.1

Thanks,