Problem with Cart Rules working with Catalog Price Rules

I have a store with about 700 items. about 60 of those items have been categorized as "Hot Buys". So, I set up a catalog price rule to give customers a 40% discount on any "Hot Buy" item - and that seems to work fine. BUT, we are also running a promotion to knock off 20% off an order for customers that haven't ordered in over a year. So, I set that promotion up as a Cart Rule so i could create a Voucher for those customers.  The problem is, when those customers use their voucher code, it pulls 20% off the entire order, even the items I have marked down by 40%. I'm losing money on those Hot Buys if they use the voucher code.  I want to give a 20% discount to all items EXCEPT for the Hot Buys which are already marked down by 40%.  Is there a way to make an exception between Catalog Price Rules and Cart Rules?

Please help ASAP. I'd be so happy to get this figured out! :)

Lane

I haven't tried this, but the documentation mentions a restriction you can apply to cart rules:

Compatibility with other cart rules. By default, an order can benefit from any number of cart rules. With this option, you can tell PrestaShop that this rule cannot be combined with a selection of other rules. This option only appears if you have more than one cart rule.

Without trying this, it isn't very clear if you could also select catalog price rules as incompatible/non-stackable, or cart rules only. If the latter, maybe it's possible to implement your current catalog price rule as a cart rule...

Edited by parsifal (see edit history)