[SOLVED] Average product rating WRONG

I have products with product ratings and reviews / comments of customers. Let's say I have a product with an average of 4 / 5. I also have another product with 5 / 5. This displays correctly on the home/featured page and the single product page. (not on google! check below)

When I select two of those rated products and I compare them via the "compare" button, then I scroll down to the bottom of the page to view the "average" rating (star rating) based on the reviews per product. This appears to be completely wrong. Both ratings are one star only, or even no rating at all!

To make matters worse, somehow google has crawled my website and also displays wrong average rating values for my products. All my products have 2 stars out of 5 according to google!!!! Devastating for my webshop image.

How to fix this???

Edited by Administratоr (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This was very simple to fix: hopefully  google quickly recrawls my website to reflect the changes. I opened the productcomments module template (in my theme directory) and edited the file "productcomments-extra.tpl".

I changed

<meta itemprop="ratingValue" content = "2" />

to

<meta itemprop="ratingValue" content = "{$averageTotal}" />

this awful BUG should be fixed in the code repository as soon as possible to prevent damage to all affected businesses' reputations.

*edit: the ratings on the product-compare page are also fixed: a previous bug (as I discovered in forge code history) prevented the submitted grades from being input into a separate table because I only have one criterion. I manually added all the grades into the correct table and this now also works correctly.

Edited by Administratоr (see edit history)
  • Like 2