Paypal USA/CANADA Problems

Dean N Bates

Hello I'm new to this forum and I wnated to know if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having with the free paypal module in prestashop. I recently installed the v1.5.4 and as soon as I installed I saw a notice that I could upgrade to the v1.5.6.1 and I did. So when I got ready to start building my site after adding some modules I decided to test them. That's when I realized that paypal wasn't allowing me to complete the checkout process through their module. I get this message below everytime:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Your purchase couldn't be completed
There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

But I've contacted paypal's technical department and they say that the email address is correct and we checked it, and they say that it has tohave something to do with the shopping cart provided in the prestashop install. So have anyone else had any problems like this and or problem like this resolved. Please help with this matter, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hello I'm new to this forum and I wnated to know if anyone can help me with a problem I'm having with the free paypal module in prestashop. I recently installed the v1.5.4 and as soon as I installed I saw a notice that I could upgrade to the v1.5.6.1 and I did. So when I got ready to start building my site after adding some modules I decided to test them. That's when I realized that paypal wasn't allowing me to complete the checkout process through their module. I get this message below everytime:

We cannot process this transaction because there is a problem with the PayPal email address supplied by the seller. Please contact the seller to resolve the problem. If this payment is for an eBay listing, you can contact the seller via the "Ask Seller a Question" link on the listing page. When you have the correct email address, payment can be made at www.paypal.com.

Your purchase couldn't be completed

There's a problem with the merchant's PayPal account. Please try again later.

But I've contacted paypal's technical department and they say that the email address is correct and we checked it, and they say that it has tohave something to do with the shopping cart provided in the prestashop install. So have anyone else had any problems like this and or problem like this resolved. Please help with this matter, any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks!

I could never get the paypal module to work so I switched to Stripe. Had two shopping carts configured and  tested in about 20 mins.

Art.

• Like 1

Thanks, Art I had already figured that if I couldn't find a solution to this problem fast I would go with one or two other payment gateways. I saw this as just a warning sign in my eyes to configure and have more than one paymnet gateway avaiable at all times as anything can happen with these type of ecommerce platforms and modules that have such frequent & random changes to them. So I hope that others can realize the importance of this if they haven't already. Thanks also, for such a quick response.     

• Like 1

Hello Mudhal, no I didn't test in sandbox mode because everytime I tried to switch from live to sandbox and try to login to paypal link from the sandbox link to get my API info I get the wrong email and password message. But I can login to paypal from the Live mode API link and get the API info. But it just won't let me do anything in the sandbox mode.

Also when I try to enable the Paypal Express Checkout, nothing happens I can try to retest the paypal link and still get the same message. Then when I return back to that payment gateway modules page and scroll back down to the section where you select the type of paypal products you want to use the express checkout box is not even ticked anymore, it's like I never even selected it at all.

Also when you say did I test the sandbox mode with degub enabled, could you tell me how to do that or where to find the debug button. Thanks! Really appreciate the response.

Hi,

You need to create sandbox account here at : https://developer.paypal.com/

You can then use the sandbox accounts to make payments. Please don't use your live account to test out paypal.

Paypal express checkout allows you to checkout instantly from your product page, authorize you and then you come back to your website and make payment. 

To enable debugging do this :

Find this file defines.inc.php in your config folder. The first line is :

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

Change from false to true to enable debugging. A word of caution don't enable debugging when the shop is live. 

Thanks again, I was able to change that file to allow the Paypal Express Checkout Payments as you instructed. It was easy I went to file manger in Hostgator and found the file double clicked on it then read the instructions on what code to use when opening the file and completed it easily.

I also disabled the site under the maintenance section before doing it and after it was done I refreshed my pages then went back and enabled my site once again, and went to the actual site and the paypal button showed before completing the checkout process. Thanks.

P.S. I didn't complete the process with creating the Sandbox account in Developer section of paypal because I couldn't figure out how to create the account once logged in. However do you really think that it's necessary that I set up the sandbox account if I have the Express Checkout, enabled?    

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dean,

I am sorry for getting back to you late on this. I can take a look at your website and check because there could be so many reasons why paypal is not working. If I can take a look at your website, I will probably have a solution. You can contact me via my skype.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...