PayPal Error - Order Total Is Invalid - Help Please

Nellybeans

We just went live with our Prestashop store and I am having an issue with Paypal. If a customer puts a product or products in their cart with money due and then uses our current coupon code (our site gives a $5 discount to customers that like our facebook page) then we are having issues with the module when that customer has a zero balance due. The module is taking them to paypal for payment, rather then removing the payment choices and processing it as a free order. When that happens we are getting an error message for "Order Total is Invalid". Here is the actual error message.

A client has encountered a problem with the module PayPalAPI, see the report: PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2011-09-14T16:14:18Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10401

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Order total is invalid.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

PayPal returned error

We did contact PayPal and they told us that the error is generated because the customer is being directed to PayPal for an order that has a zero balance due. The told us that the problem is within our cart/module. It's not a PayPal issue. Anyone know how do we fix this problem?

• 7 months later...

I have the latest version of paypal modules and I have the same problem

1. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> Order total is invalid.
  2. L_LONGMESSAGE1 -> Item total is invalid.
  3. L_LONGMESSAGE2 -> Item amount is invalid.