Delayed shipping and Advanced Store Management

I turn on "Delayed shipping" option (Allow the customer to split his order: one with the products currently "in stock", and another with the other products. This option will convert the customer's cart into two orders. - really cool feature!)

Also "Advanced Store Management" is enabled.

In FrontOffice I logged in as registered Customer.

Case 1.

I put in cart a product in a quantity, say 16, that is more than defined (10).

Other the product params:

(*) I want to specify available quantities manually

When out of stock: (*) deny orders

The popup message appear:

There is not enough product in stock.

I expect to get two orders - one immediately on 10 product items, second - delayed, for 6 items when they will be in stock. So it is not a "Delayed shipping" case.

Case 2.

Same as Case 1, but

(*) Available quantities for current product and its combinations are based on stock in the warehouses

The popup message appear:

There is not enough product in stock.

Again it is not a "Delayed shipping" case.

Case 3.

Same as Case 1, but

When out of stock: (*) allow orders

I put 30 of 15 products in cart and checkout my order. I see one order as all 30 products in stock.

Case 4.

I put some of "out of stock" products, that allow orders when out of stock, and some "in stock" products in cart and checkout my order. I see one order as all above products in stock.

Case 5.

I cannot put in cart any of "out of stock" products, that deny orders when out of stock, in any combination.

The question: How does "Delayed shipping" works?

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really need to understand this too! I expect that if I turn on delay orders it should stop splitting my orders when I run out of stock and hold the order untill all products are available. Instead it splits it. Anyone know why?

• 3 weeks later...

Did you manage to find a solution to this issue OP? I have also run through the same cases as you, and am getting the same results. The preferences would lead you to believe that you will receive multiple (split) orders, but instead I am just receiving a single order each time. Is there another option that needs to be enabled somewhere else to get this feature to work?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi

I know this post is old, but the scenario is well explained by the original poster. I have the same issues in a shop that runs version 1.5.6.0. Even though it has been 1½ years since this first post, I cannot find any documentation on how it is supposed to work. As far as I can see, setting the split order function as enabled in the shop allows the customer to choose a different delivery address (this feature is NOT enabled), there is no place for the customer to mark that they want the orders in stock first.

Once I complete the order, even though some of the items are sold out, I can only see one order in BO, and the status on the out of stock items are shown as this - but there is no way to send an invoice for the items in stock only - or to split the order. As far as I can see.

Has anyone worked out if/how the function works, as PrestaShops own documentations lacks this information completely.

• Like 1