We often say that a picture is worth a thousand words.
Strategy, features, modules: it’s easier to present PrestaShop’s news and stakes in an infographic.
For the past several months, PrestaShop has worked with the PrestaShop user and contributor community to build strong software. It owes its strength to its stability (bug reports, recurring tests, regular project contributions), the functional scope of its offer and the constant optimizations that extend the platform’s usability. Let’s take a look!
- New native features
The software’s next minor version (V1.7.6) is already on the way, and new features will be making their way:
- Transactional email templates are getting a new look, such as invoice notifications, newsletter signup confirmation or password change emails. From now on, they will be “fully responsive” with a more modern design that fits in with new behavior and trends;
- Optimizations were made to how prices and taxes are displayed, making the order prices and details (discounts, shipping, taxes, etc.) throughout the client buying process;
- For SEO: sellers, agencies and developers will notice improved SEO for products with different versions thanks to the product’s canonical URL which can now be accessed.
- Great news for selling internationally! Currency display (symbols, decimals, etc.) betters adjusts to users’ language for a better experience;
- The “catalogue mode” feature has been reworked: you can now offer your clients a showcase site (that does not allow purchases) with or without product prices.
- Modules have been optimized and embedded natively into the solution
PrestaShop is enriching itself with new features included in the solution for free:
- Reassurance Lite module
This module allows you to add reassurance blocks to an e-commerce store (for example, free delivery, secure payment and product/purchase warranty) at defined areas. These elements of reassurance will reduce barriers to purchasing and create an environment of trust throughout the buying process. This module is compatible with 1.7.
- New for 1.7: Customer review module
This module, present in version 1.6 of the software and re-developed for the next minor version, allows store customer to rate and leave reviews for products in your catalog. These comments are a real benefit for conversions and will be shown on the product pages concerned.
The Rich Snippets feature has also been added to the module to optimize stores’ SEO. This module is compatible with versions from 1.7.6.
- Facet navigation:
This module, already present in versions previous to 1.7, allows users to sort and filter lists of products according to their needs (by brand, size, price, etc.). The module was completely redeveloped for improved stability and performance.
- New modules by PrestaShop on the PrestaShop Official Addons Marketplace
- ReCaptcha - Google Anti-Spam (compatible with 1.6 - 1.7)
With this module, now you can avoid spam bots with human behavior recognition technology to make your store more secure.
- Abandoned Cart Reminder Pro Module (compatible with 1.6 - 1.7)
This module has been redesigned to boost e-commerce stores’ conversion rates effortlessly by over 15% with abandoned cart reminder emails. Sellers can customize their emails with set templates, remind customers that their orders are not complete, and offer discounts on abandoned products.
For more information, see our public roadmap on GitHub.
Stay in touch!
The PrestaShop team