Return products or Partial refund - does not work

Vidar Bjerkeland

Hi, today we put into production our new version of PrestaShop. We have built it up from scratch, without any migration from the previous version. When we were testing the functionalities everything was working fine. But today when swapped it from the old to the new version for production, we discovered that it is not possible to generate a credit-slip or to get as expected the possibility to register a return or partial return. It simply does not give us this option. We have enabled merchandise returns as well as we were given a message that this was turned off. Any good advise on how to resolve it will be very much appreciated as we really are giving our clients the possibilities to cancel or return their orders. Sincere regards, V. Bjerkeland.

I'm testing upgrade of my PS 1.6 to PS 1.7.5.1 as well.

We tested on creating order ... In PS 1.6, we can do FULL REFUND (of paypal payment) on newly recreate order in the BO. But, in P.S. 1.7, there is NO refund button. Only have Partial refund button. But, I did try on Partial refund, it did not do the actual refund process in paypal.

Not sure if this is what you have encountered ?~

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, dtwfung said:

you first need to turn on merchandise return

I have already turn on merchandise return in my BO. I want to create a ONLINE partial refund plugin for one of the payment gateway. But when I try to do online partial refund after implement my plugin code if there is an error returned by the payment gateway refund API then error message display that is fine but offline refund process continue work in the background and success the offline refund with credit slip generation and send email to admin and customer for successful completion of refund process while actual refund failed from the payment gateway (No transaction made by payment gateway), so the main concern is offline refund not stop working in case of any error occurs in the payment gateway like insufficient fund in the account and other.

Can anyone suggest any solution how we can achieve that ?