[1.7.6.0] One physical product / multiple combination

zoombamboom

Say one sells computers with different operating systems as option. There is one physical device but client has options to select between different OS.

As it stands Prestashop creates as many different quantities as there is options. In the case described above this is not what we want. We need a single quantity to update regardless of the chosen option.

I know there are numbers of related post to this (I did my homework). I was wondering if such an obvious necessary feature has now been put as standard in 1.7.x? How do we deal with this case? I kind of started my upgrade process in the hope to solve this.

Some progress on my research.

There is module called "Single stock attribute". 40 bucks to buy on funny website. Some people complained it does not work well on 1.7.x. Any other similar module one knows?

Some suggest to use the Advanced Stock Management. I had a try. Useless as not offering an automated way of doing it.

Am I missing something here? Really seem unbelievable Prestashop does not offer that as standard!! Surely there are many of us with the same request!!