Eating disk space

sysmo

Hello guys, i have issues on my e-commerce.

The disk space seems to increase everyday from 5gb to 20gb. I noticed a folder of 11gb on public_html/var/cache/dev/profiler.

If i delete it after one day the space increase again.

Cache, optimization and rebug are disabled-

Can you help me? thanks

Hey,

this is your cache directory. How many products and therefore how many different pages do you have in your shop? That's possible to have 20 GB cache, easily. Maybe you have some more diskspace no your server. If you let it run you should notice that it grows slower until it reaches an upper limit.

Cheers
Andi

Hello:

Dev folder inside cache is online created when you are using PS debug mode. When you are un production enviroment a prod folder is created. You should disable debug mode, then clear cache (using PS backoffice option). Anyway a prod folder will be created as I mention before and could be lower disk space than dev folder but it will be significant higher disk space consumer than in PS 1.6 versions.

Regards

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/18/2020 at 10:57 AM, Jozef252 said:

guys my prestashop takes huge 97gb of space, i don't know what to delete to get it lower.. already tried delete cache

Apart from the cache the only things eating lots of space are the images and the statistics in the database. Of course it is possible that you have some module with special requirements, but those are rare.

I used the reference below out of desperation I had tmp image files by the truck load so many it took ages to delete them all  it might be worth a read  following the tips on this link just made everything feel so much smoother and faster

https://www.templatemonster.com/help/prestashop-1-6-x-how-to-clear-smarty-cache.html#:~:text=Go to themes%2FthemeXXX%2Fcache folder (xxx is the theme,how to clear Smarty cache in PrestaShop 1.6.

I would just like to add in August quite a few users were hacked via a dodgy Module back door   one of the issues with the hack was it filled the server with junk within a few hours the server ground to a halt  it might be worth running your server AV  software even if it is just to eliminate that possibility  

Prestools offers a few options to reduce the size of the image directory. On the free side you can see how many images that you have that are no longer connected to a product. You can also image formats that are no longer used. Removing the no longer connected images is a paid option.

Of course you should also ask yourself what you could have done better. How many products do you have and how many images do they have? And when you add an image how big is it?

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2019 at 5:02 PM, Rolige said:

Hello:

Dev folder inside cache is online created when you are using PS debug mode. When you are un production enviroment a prod folder is created. You should disable debug mode, then clear cache (using PS backoffice option). Anyway a prod folder will be created as I mention before and could be lower disk space than dev folder but it will be significant higher disk space consumer than in PS 1.6 versions.

Regards

Many thanks!!!!