png logo not accepted

i cannot put a png logo. only jpg is accepted. if i try to upload png i get the message that image was uploaded, but no change. what should i do?

upload the png logo to img folder.

then in the header.tpl modify the following code

to

note the change in logo.jpg to logo.png

Anyway you'll still need to upload jpg version for the backend logo, invoices etc.

• 2 weeks later...

I too have this issue. I change the code to obtain the png yet the jpg loads. If i delete the jpg, it displays only the Shop name in text. There are other references that call for the logo.jpg so i tried changing those as well and still nothing so i changed them all back. As far as recompile smarty, i am as lost as you at the moment. I'll have to look up how to do that.

Me too... I don't even have smarty.

I've got prestashop 1.4

I've tried everything there is to try... put the png in the right folder, changed it in header.tpl to png... but it still doesn't work. Anyone who knows another way to get round the problem?

I've found the answer. After you've changed the logo.jpg to logo.png in header.tpl you need to go into tools/smarty and empty cache. I didn't know what smarty was before and where to find it. But if you empty it it should work! It did for me :)

How do you "empty" it's cache? I switched back and forth from smarty 3 to 2 back to 3 and it worked for my maintenance img, but that was a jpg as well (wouldnt change from my original logo.jpg to my maintenance.jpg). If this is a true solution then we need to mark this as solved and revert the other thread to this one for the solution and mark it solved as well.

• 1 month later...

It seems that it doesnt work in 1.4.2. To be more specific, changing the extension in header.tpl works ok of course, but PS doesnt allow to upload png via admin (it is changed to jpg). You only need to copy / rename it manually.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys i have that problem to, i have tryed the steps above, but in 1.4.8 not work, if i put in png in header and then file in png in img/ folder, the logo stays in blank only with the name of the store..

when i go in preferences i choose the png file, when i click to save he convert to jpg

Any solution ?

Tks..