Upgrading form 1.6 to 1.7

bnadauld

Anyone know of a tried and tested method of moving from 1.6 to 1.7 (- migrating all customer info to the new version). I know there are modules to do this but i also know that there's usually a good guide on how to do it yourself for free.  And links, tip or even recommended modules more than welcome.

Thanks

5 hours ago, jeanluc.12 said:

There is already a Prestshop module to upgrade the store.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/5496-.html

Install the same & follow the instructions on the screen. Kindly ensure to take the abckup of the fiels & DB before upgrade (So that in case of any issue, you can revert back).

Thanks. Have you tried it. We're there any problems

Very interested in this topic, I installed Prestahop for the first time at the weekend and for some reason my host has installed ver 1.6.1.24, I am having issues with images disappearing and have been told that this ver is no longer supported and problems will occur. I have looked at the link given and it basically says that i am on the latest version available, For some reason it wont upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 - is this the case?

Cheers 

Gay

• Like 1

If is your template runnin on ps 1.6.1.23, then it will on tb too, i tried few from lower vs and they were running too, with small detial to fix. Well it s about speed and stability, and ofc modules are compatible. In 1.7 -  is about € and also full of bugs. Just googli it, u still might want use 1.7 i was just showing some diff. possibilities, thats all. Oh and support is great ;)

Edited by MichaelEZ (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 4:21 PM, soilsearcher said:

Very interested in this topic, I installed Prestahop for the first time at the weekend and for some reason my host has installed ver 1.6.1.24, I am having issues with images disappearing and have been told that this ver is no longer supported and problems will occur. I have looked at the link given and it basically says that i am on the latest version available, For some reason it wont upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 - is this the case?

Cheers 

Gay

Damm even I am having a similar kind of issue, I have searched all over the internet and even have posted on number of threads on different forum, no solution seems to work. I am really frustrated, can anyone of you here help me resolve this issue, I am very much tired now.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...