bnadauld

Upgrading form 1.6 to 1.7

Anyone know of a tried and tested method of moving from 1.6 to 1.7 (- migrating all customer info to the new version). I know there are modules to do this but i also know that there's usually a good guide on how to do it yourself for free.  And links, tip or even recommended modules more than welcome.

Thanks

5 hours ago, jeanluc.12 said:

There is already a Prestshop module to upgrade the store.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/data-migration-backup/5496-.html

Install the same & follow the instructions on the screen. Kindly ensure to take the abckup of the fiels & DB before upgrade (So that in case of any issue, you can revert back).

Thanks. Have you tried it. We're there any problems

Very interested in this topic, I installed Prestahop for the first time at the weekend and for some reason my host has installed ver 1.6.1.24, I am having issues with images disappearing and have been told that this ver is no longer supported and problems will occur. I have looked at the link given and it basically says that i am on the latest version available, For some reason it wont upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 - is this the case?

Cheers 

Gay

• Like 1

You can try to transfer customers with Store Manager free for 14 days, the guide can be found on their official website.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/28/2019 at 10:51 PM, Constantino said:

You can try to transfer customers with Store Manager free for 14 days, the guide can be found on their official website. 

...and then uninstall the module?

have u tried it?

Edited by bnadauld (see edit history)

if you need it for one time, then yes, you can install the software (it's not a module, it is a desktop application), make the transfer of customers, and uninstall it. yes, i'm using it and made the migration, even with customers passwords

On 8/30/2019 at 9:03 PM, MichaelEZ said:

Before u go for 1.7 chceck TB ;)https://thirtybees.com/

im not sure what the benefit will be for me moving to TB's. It looks just the same as PS only my templates might not be supported

If is your template runnin on ps 1.6.1.23, then it will on tb too, i tried few from lower vs and they were running too, with small detial to fix. Well it s about speed and stability, and ofc modules are compatible. In 1.7 -  is about € and also full of bugs. Just googli it, u still might want use 1.7 i was just showing some diff. possibilities, thats all. Oh and support is great ;)

Edited by MichaelEZ (see edit history)

On 8/21/2019 at 8:57 AM, bnadauld said:

Anyone know of a tried and tested Nox Vidmate VLC method of moving from 1.6 to 1.7 (- migrating all customer info to the new version). I know there are modules to do this but i also know that there's usually a good guide on how to do it yourself for free.  And links, tip or even recommended modules more than welcome.

Thanks

it is a desktop application), make the transfer of customers, and uninstall it. yes, i'm using it and made the migration, even with customers passwords

Edited by keylertage (see edit history)
  • Like 1