X-Bumble

Customer Address fields not showing in checkout page

Posted (edited)

HI there,

I hope someone can please help me.

I have installed PS 1.7.6.0 for one of my clients.

The site is running the Alysum theme.

So far the site has the default John Doe customer and 1 other which I set up.

The customer only wants to sell to people in the UK. So I went to the side menu in PS admin and then went to International > Locations to enable the United Kingdom entry.

Whilst I did this I went to the 'countries' tab to ensure everything was filled in. The address format is shown as below:

firstname lastname
company
vat_number
address1
address2
city
postcode
phone

To the right of this list are more tabs labelled CUSTOMER | WAREHOUSE | COUNTRY | STATE |ADDRESS

These are all set to the default settings, so for example the CUSTOMER one shows that all of the elements in the list above are included in the CUSTOMER tab.

The problem I am having is that if I log-in using my log-in details, I can go to my account and then 'add first address', but I only get 3 input fields showing up. 1 is blank and says 'Alias', the other two only show my first name and surname. There are no other address fields.

I have the same problem when you add a product and then go to the checkout by pressing the checkout button. Just the same fields are shown when you need to put your address in.

Can anyone please help me and tell me how I can get the rest of the address fields to display in the customer account area and also the checkout?

Many thanks for any help.

Edited by X-Bumble (see edit history)

I have managed tofix this now, so don't worry. It was because my country was not set as the default in the Localization settings under the 'configuration' setting.