Henrik

Importing Clients MD5 issues

Hello There Prestashoppers,

I am building a shop and I need to import customers. Once this is done the customers need to login.

I have several options:  

a) insert an MD5 password in the database. However I understand it is not that easy since prestashop salts and encrypts. How do I generate the bulk hash and salted passwords? 

b) send  an email asking them to change their password. How do I do that is bulk?

Any ideas of how to do it?

Thanks

a) you can't. It is not possible to decrypt salted MD5 hashed paswords. Salt means that DB is using a random encryption.

b) add on header of your page a notice, that you moved to new software, or updated the software and old passwords are not working anymore. Users need to use "new password" option to  login into their accounts now.

Hi Selectshop.at,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will send an email to the user saying they need to recreate a new password.

Regards

henrik