We're sorry, but the Web address you've entered is no longer available.

weixuan0710

Hi all,

I met some problems when creating test website before I upgraded to 1.6.x engine because my current version 1.5.6.2. The following 3 steps is what I had done so far.

1. create a test folder, copied all files to the sub folder. After this, I did a full backup for my web.

2. create a new database and also change config/setting.inc.php connect with new database I created

3. change ps_shop_url in physical uri to /test in my new database.

However, When I entered mydomain.com.au/test in browser, on the page it shows"THIS PAGE IS NOT AVAILABLE. We're sorry, but the Web address you've entered is no longer available."

Previously, I thought that I probably missed something when I did above 3 steps. So I Deleted everything and re-did, but I got same result I mentioned before.

After this, I began to look for solution in the forum to get help.  And someone said this problem could be solved by regenerating .htaccess file. 

However, the test website back office cannot be entered,  so I believe I cannot regenerate .htaccess file from back office.

So at this stage how to rewrite .htaccess file? Or what should I do to make the test shop run?

It seems even creating a test environment makes me so frustrating. I can not imagine more headaches later.

Can someone give me a good advise how to fix my problem? really appreciate!!

Best Regards

Wei

6 hours ago, weixuan0710 said:

However, the test website back office cannot be entered,  so I believe I cannot regenerate .htaccess file from back office.

So at this stage how to rewrite .htaccess file? Or what should I do to make the test shop run?

Rename the existing .htaccess on your FTP to .htaccess_old and try if you can enter the Backoffice afterwards

hi, JBW

Really appreciate your reply.

I have solved my problem. I just wanted to install the new version prestashop (my old one is 1.5.2) on my test environment. 

Although I can not solve the problems I mentioned previously, CPanel is so great to have an application function of quick prestashop installation on the web hosting directly.

After installation, my main website had not been affected at all. Now I put the test shop in the maintenance mode and start to customize to what I need.

Thank you very much

Regards

Wei 

Edited by weixuan0710
missing words (see edit history)