Locally installed prestashop to be access from external world

akarpas

Hi guys, i need some technical help, for testing and educational purpose i have installed prestashop 1.7 on synology server locally. All works fine. The only problem I have is to make shop to be access from Internet. I have a domain test.com and A record shop.test.com pointing to my external IP.  From this point i got lost as how  to set up prestashop to be accessed via shop.test.com. Does any port forward has to be involved? or other technique has to be used, some light on this should be much appresiated.

Yes, connect to your local Modem or router and open port 80 to the Private IP of your computer. You will need to setup up a private static IP for your computer, (that number depends on the type of Modem/router in use), in your Network card for TCP/IPv4, you'll find that in Windows Network and Sharing. Don't forget to open port 80 on Windows firewall as well.

30 minutes ago, Bill Dalton said:

Yes, connect to your local Modem or router and open port 80 to the Private IP of your computer. You will need to setup up a private static IP for your computer, (that number depends on the type of Modem/router in use), in your Network card for TCP/IPv4, you'll find that in Windows Network and Sharing. Don't forget to open port 80 on Windows firewall as well.

I understand and thanks for your reply , I have specified that its installed on to synology server, synology server uses  port 80 and 443 by default to be accessed from Internet. So I can reuse the same ports.

Correct by pointing your domain to the public IP address in use by your modem, you can reach port 80 on your computer, by setting up router access to port 80 from local router/modem to your local network private IP assigned to your computer.

Just now, Bill Dalton said:

Correct by pointing your domain to the public IP address in use by your modem, you can reach port 80 on your computer, by setting up router access to port 80 from local router/modem to your local network private IP assigned to your computer.

I have all this done , DNS is good, destinaed NAT is good, the thing is to set up correctly synology "web station" to point to prestashop

7 minutes ago, Bill Dalton said:

after i have done everything and have changed url in presta settings im getting this error by going by domain name

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

12 minutes ago, Bill Dalton said:

ok I have achieved to get to the website by domain name     store.test.com//prestashop1.7/ and this is what i dont like  if I type in just store.test.com  it doesnt open the shop but if i add prestashop1.7 it is opened how to make it would be opened just by entering store.test.com

Still having problems, on synology i had to install web station and have to configure it to point domain name to folder where prestshop is installed so if  do it im getting error by going  to propper url , so it means if i type store.test.com im redirected to store.test.com/prestoshop1.7/ and getting error "

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, admin and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

If i delete entry from web station and enter url store.test.com it brings to webstation window asking to set up access to website if i type manually store.test.com/prestoshop1.7/  im able to open website with no problem.

So got confused where ir the problem?

41 minutes ago, Bill Dalton said:

That said, it appears you are setup to load from the default root directory, so you could try moving all the files out of prestoshop1.7 "up one directory" or installing in the root and not the sub directory. 

yep as installing i have no option to install it on the root folder , its installed as a package and by default installed on prestashop1.7 subfolder,  I have tried to move all files to root but it didnt work as well