Prestashop believes cURL is not installed

m_scott

I am a server administrator (root).  One of our web hosting customers is getting an error saying

PHP cURL extension must be enabled on your server

This may be in a PayPal module?  I'm not absolutely sure, I'm not associated with the website in question, I'm just an administrator on the server that is hosting the account.

cURL is enabled in PHP on this server and on this account.

Why is Prestashop giving this error?  Why does Prestashop believe cURL is not enabled?

There is no other error or nothing else to lead me in any direction on how to check this.  There's got to be more to this than simply "cURL is not enabled"

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, RodneyMcMullan said:

HI, I am getting the same notification.

Did you get a resolution for this?

Site is live or development ? http or https ? If cURL is installed and running than something is blocking Prestashop for to check this (server firewall setting or .htaccess behind secured folder).

Is your website in maintainance mode? There is a bug in paypal v5 mopdule thats shows the curl error in maintainance. You can temporarily deacitviate matainance, configure paypal and activate maintainance again - the module will work regardless of the error shown

11 hours ago, Raul Magdalena said:

hello,

i have the same issue in a still in development site, https. cURL is installed but the Paypal modules says it is not. Has someone found the solution?

If your site is under maintenance or hidden behind a folder with login credentials, than paypal and also Prestashop would not be able to check your server configurations correctly. Therefore you are seeing this message. Simply ignore it, it's a false message.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/6/2019 at 10:06 AM, JBW said:

Is your website in maintainance mode? There is a bug in paypal v5 mopdule thats shows the curl error in maintainance. You can temporarily deacitviate matainance, configure paypal and activate maintainance again - the module will work regardless of the error shown

Thank you, this solved my issue. My website was in maintenance.

• 8 months later...

Can confirm, this error is still happening in latest prestashop version 1.7.6.7 and latest paypal module (v5.1.5)

And that turning off 'maintenance mode' briefly does solve issue

"The PHP cURL extension must be enabled on your server"

I have submitted the error to module developers, hopefully they can fix

• 1 year later...