How to edit a theme

Hello all,

I am trying to understand(based on the doc) how the files are organised.

I downloaded prestashop with the install-dev. From what I understand, when you install Prestashop with the dev installer, it enables you to use webpack to recompile every single files each time.

So today I was trying to modify the themes\classic\templates\catalog\_partials\miniatures\category.tpl  file.

I added a word in it to see if I could see it in the front end. The answer is no.

So I tried to run in the root file of the website this command:

npm run build

But I keep receiving this error:

npm ERR! missing script: build

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache\_logs\2019-07-23T09_26_36_660Z-debug.log

In the log I get this:

0 info it worked if it ends with ok
1 verbose cli [ 'C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe',
1 verbose cli   'C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js',
1 verbose cli   'run',
1 verbose cli   'build' ]
2 info using [email protected]
3 info using [email protected]
4 verbose stack Error: missing script: build
4 verbose stack     at run (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\lib\run-script.js:155:19)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\lib\run-script.js:63:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:115:5
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:418:5
4 verbose stack     at checkBinReferences_ (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:373:45)
4 verbose stack     at final (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:416:3)
4 verbose stack     at then (C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:160:5)
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\read-package-json\read-json.js:280:12
4 verbose stack     at C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\npm\node_modules\graceful-fs\graceful-fs.js:90:16
4 verbose stack     at FSReqWrap.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (internal/fs/read_file_context.js:53:3)
5 verbose cwd C:\laragon\www\juliashop
6 verbose Windows_NT 10.0.18362
7 verbose argv "C:\\Program Files\\nodejs\\node.exe" "C:\\Users\\user\\AppData\\Roaming\\npm\\node_modules\\npm\\bin\\npm-cli.js" "run" "build"
8 verbose node v10.15.0
9 verbose npm  v6.10.1
10 error missing script: build
11 verbose exit [ 1, true ]

Do I need to run the command from another directory?

What am I doing wrong please?

Thank you.

• razaro changed the title to How to edit a theme