Translation directory does not exist.

Hi, I am trying to translate words from my theme but when I select Translations / Theme / Language, it loads me but I get a message that says:

The "/var/www/vhosts/xxxx.com/httpdocs/var/cache/prod/themes/warehousechild/translations/es-ES" directory does not exist.

I have contacted the technical service of my server and it tells me that this is because the theme has not created the directory. Two weeks ago it worked without problems. 

I have also checked and the route does exist and I have changed the permissions but it still gives problems.

I have tried to also access the translations of the classic theme and it returns the same message

Could you create the directory manually and how? Has anyone had the same error and has solved it? Hope someone can help me.

385298413_Anotacin2019-07-22111506.thumb.jpg.07f16b4e4a4ebf9474c4c98425720bae.jpg

Thank you very much and greetings.

Edited by Clara Extensiones (see edit history)

Then just like me. It was when updating prestashop to 1.7.6 and can not find the translations of my template or the classic theme. I restored the backup that I made before updating to the latest version. Therefore, right now I have 1.7.5.2 again and had to make many changes again ( I saw the bug almost a week later).

I use the warehouse template and it seems that they have released an update for the latest version of prestashop that I don't know if it will solve this problem.

I believe that I will wait for a new version of prestashop or I will test  in a copy of my website before implementing it.

If someone has more information it would be helpful. Thank you.

I experienced the same issue after updating to 1.7.6. An error message appears for approx. 1 second in the upper right-hand corner of the screen in a red box saying "Could not crawl for translation files: The x "var/www/vhosts.... directory does not exist."

I am hoping for a solution.

On 8/1/2019 at 1:48 PM, dinesh badrukhiya said:

This issue has been added in PrestaShop project roadmap and will be resolved in next release.

Hi Dinesh,

Do you know where can we monitor this issue? I was about to go live to production and I'm stuck with this bug.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2019 at 12:33 AM, wohldorff said:

The new PS 1.7.6.1 has been corrected and works well.

There is the same bug in the latest PS 1.7.7.1 😭

"Directory does not exist"

UPDATE: I was able to fix this problem.

• Create a new child theme
  • Copy "assets" and "templates" folders from the Parent theme's folder to the new Child theme's folder
  • Switch over to the new child theme (Design -> Theme & Logo, scroll down, select the new Child theme from the list of available themes, click "Use this theme")
  • Update all the language packs you need to have translations to (this is very important)

Voila, the problem has disappeared.

Directory not found.jpg

Edited by Alexander Firsov
Update (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...