Backend Error 500

MrTouch

I have an Issue, where i can't access to my backend anymore. Don't know what changes led to this. But entering the url to my backend results in a 500 Error. The server log looks like this:

[Tue Jul 16 14:56:08.341189 2019] [-:error] [pid 53850:tid 34653832448] [client 62.167.53.61:61347] FastCGI: server "/var/run/hcgi/100776" stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.require.php'>function.require.php</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/removed-ids.php' (include_path='/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1129
[Tue Jul 16 14:56:07.974123 2019] [-:error] [pid 53850:tid 34653832448] [client 62.167.53.61:61347] FastCGI: server "/var/run/hcgi/101815" stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.require.php'>function.require.php</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/removed-ids.php' (include_path='/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1129
[Tue Jul 16 14:56:08.711327 2019] [-:error] [pid 53850:tid 34653832448] [client 62.167.53.61:61347] FastCGI: server "/var/run/hcgi/100776" stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.require.php'>function.require.php</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/removed-ids.php' (include_path='/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1129
[Tue Jul 16 14:56:38.301900 2019] [-:error] [pid 54655:tid 34653864448] [client 62.167.53.61:59402] FastCGI: server "/var/run/hcgi/100776" stderr: PHP Fatal error:  require() [<a href='https://secure.php.net/manual/en/function.require.php'>function.require.php</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/removed-ids.php' (include_path='/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear_exception:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/console_getopt:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/pear-core-minimal/src:/home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/vendor/pear/archive_tar:.:/usr/local/share/pear') in /home/merinosc/www/shop.evim.ch/var/cache/prod/ContainerE4pp0as/appProdProjectContainer.php on line 1129

The backend gets available as soon as I set _PS_MODE_DEV_ to true:

/* Debug only */
if (!defined('_PS_MODE_DEV_')) {
define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
}

But I don't see any errors. When I set it to false I get Error 500 again.

The errors I see when I go to the front-page are:

sup2.3.JPG

sup1.JPG

EDIT:

After trying out different stuff to make it work again, I made it that only one error message appears when trying to enter the backend (with debug mode enabled)

But i can't find a solution to this problem by googling... I hope that this error message is known by somebody.

error1.JPG

LAST EDIT:

[SOLVED]

I renamed the cache folder in /var/cache/ to /var/cache_old/ and suddenly it works. 

Edited by MrTouch
added more info / solved (see edit history)

Here’s one way that we’ve seen to be working for many:

- Login to your FTP account.

- Download .htaccess file.

- Add the line php_value memory_limit 512M in the file, and save

- Re-upload the file.

If you cannot fix it by this way, you can use another way like data migration. Ultimate Shopping cart migration is the easiest method I ever used for my clients. You can consider it,

Hope it helps!

• 1 year later...