[solved] PS Module 'productcomments' does not install.

rkk

I upgraded to 1.7.6, searched 'productcomments' in modules catalog, found v4.0, clicked install and got

'Error! Exception thrown by module productcomments on install. Error sent by Addons. You may need to be logged.'

I can't see anything specific in my error logs. I also installed a fresh clean install of 1.7.6 on my local machine, tried to install from the modules catalog, and got the same error.

The closest I've come to success is, I pulled the repo from github (https://github.com/PrestaShop/productcomments) unzipped, and rezipped it with '-master-' removed from the folder name. It installed on my production store, but I get a 500 server errror on page load.

Anyone else run into these issues? the product comments and rich snippets are the main reason I upgraded. Would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks!

im not sure the difference tbh. I am installing from the module catalog, the new product comments module mentioned in the changelog for 1.7.6..

Short screencap of the issue here 

I've also tried installing from the repo linked below. It seems to be the same module created by prestashop. However i have the same error installing from the github repo. The repo also mentions dependencies and and needing yarn.

oddly, on my local clean 1.7.6 install, I got the same error, but after clicking install and getting the error 3 or 4 times, it miraculously installed on my local install. No similar luck on my production instance.

I will keep testing and update if i find the issue. 

4 hours ago, rkk said:

I upgraded to 1.7.6, searched 'productcomments' in modules catalog, found v4.0, clicked install and got

'Error! Exception thrown by module productcomments on install. Error sent by Addons. You may need to be logged.'

I can't see anything specific in my error logs. I also installed a fresh clean install of 1.7.6 on my local machine, tried to install from the modules catalog, and got the same error.

The closest I've come to success is, I pulled the repo from github (https://github.com/PrestaShop/productcomments) unzipped, and rezipped it with '-master-' removed from the folder name. It installed on my production store, but I get a 500 server errror on page load.

Anyone else run into these issues? the product comments and rich snippets are the main reason I upgraded. Would love to hear any suggestions.

Thanks!

Try to reset the module. As it's already working on 1.7.6. Might be you can't download without login on localhost. So you need to upload manually as you have did. You can check by enabling debug mode if there is any error.

So I fixed it..

Prior to the 1.7.6 official release I have been testing different modules to handle google merchant center reviews and print rich snippet for effective product page crawling.

Apparently I installed a prerelease version of the productreview module. I believe I uninstalled the pre-release as it didnt show up under installed modules after the uninstall. it was gone. however it didnt remove the db tables.

After trying to figure out why the latest version wouldn't install i ended up checking the db, and i found remnant tables matching ps_product_comment_* from the previous install.

After backup I dropped the suspect tables, reinstalled the mod, zero error.

Edited by rkk (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rkk said:

So I fixed it..

Prior to the 1.7.6 official release I have been testing different modules to handle google merchant center reviews and print rich snippet for effective product page crawling.

Apparently I installed a prerelease version of the productreview module. I believe I uninstalled the pre-release as it didnt show up under installed modules after the uninstall. it was gone. however it didnt remove the db tables.

After trying to figure out why the latest version wouldn't install i ended up checking the db, and i found remnant tables matching ps_product_comment_* from the previous install.

You can mark the topic as "Solved" if your issue is solved.

56 minutes ago, dinesh badrukhiya said:

You can mark the topic as "Solved" if your issue is solved.

its solved with debugging.. it may he useful to drop tables if they exist, or give a more detailed error message. i guessed the issue was with existing tables, but i almost consider that luck.

marking it solved for this case, thank you for the help.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, dinesh badrukhiya said:

In the module catalog find for the "product comments", You will see as below.

product-comment-module-prestashop.thumb.png.18c3afa5c86c501ba5281fcde08c2923.png

Hi. Untill today this dident work, also i needed to search in native language, not english.

Today i found it (nativa language) and it wont instal - prestasays it has no futher information.

Perhaps i have the same problem as you did?

/thanks

To add to problems faced installing, these are some of the things I had to do to install it on a multishop environment.

- If you can't install or uninstall, try reset. If you get it to install, copy the ps_product_comment* tables structure in case you need to repopulate it in the DB.  When running into problems I found deleting the tables allowed it to reset. At other times, I had to reinstall the ps_product_comment* tables to install.  I tried to uninstall without the tables, and it said 'module not installed' even though it was.. I put the tables back in and it uninstalled. If you are going to reinstall, make sure those tables don't exist.

- Make sure your products assigned to categories. I run a multishop environment and was having a lot of trouble. Once I made sure every product belonged to its proper category and shop, it installed on all of my shops without error. You can check this at Sell->Catalog->Monitoring to see if you have errant products.

- Also, I disabled modsec during install and it thats also when it worked. I re-enabled modsec and it is still functional. I don't know if disabling modsec is required, but it doesn't hurt to try if you're running out of things to try to get the mod installed.

Edited by rkk (see edit history)

I have successfully installed this module (v4.0.0) on PS 1.7.6.0 (fresh installation) but facing a problem in front-office.

On category page, all the contents are not displayed after hook "displayProductListReviews". Check attached screenshot.

Same problem happens on product page too. The contents are not displayed after hook "displayProductAdditionalInfo".

The module is hooked in both those hooks which creates this problem.

category.jpg

I'm working on localhost.

I checked the module's TPL and JS files but couldn't find the solution and even the browser console isn't showing any errors.

Edit: I tried editing "productcomments.php" file and the contents are displayed after removing lines 941 to 943 (code below).

Of course, the smarty variables are empty in "product-list-reviews.tpl" file since we removed its required code but just want to inform that these 3 lines are causing this problem.

public function hookDisplayProductListReviews($params)
    {
	/* Lines 941 to 943 */
        $productCommentRepository = $this->context->controller->getContainer()->get('product_comment_repository');
        $commentsNb = $productCommentRepository->getCommentsNumber($product->getId(), Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_MODERATE'));
        $averageGrade = $productCommentRepository->getAverageGrade($product->getId(), Configuration::get('PRODUCT_COMMENTS_MODERATE'));

}

Edited by roo10 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 2:18 AM, SebboLai said:

Is it the real free presta 1.7.6 addon module or module by Mypresta?

Same problem,
I used Mypresta module, after uninstalled it, the the official module does not working....
I have delete tables manually and anythings goes done well

In PhpMyAdmin:
make a full backup
- find tables "%product_comment%"
- delete it and try to installa official module

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, gianjj said:

Same problem,
I used Mypresta module, after uninstalled it, the the official module does not working....
I have delete tables manually and anythings goes done well

In PhpMyAdmin:
make a full backup
- find tables "%product_comment%"
- delete it and try to installa official module

Yes - this worked. :) Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, templatin said:

Nice catch. I have opened an issue on GitHub.

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/15315

This is temorery avoided if productcomments are positioned right after the product and before any other module:

> produkt
> productcomments

then any other module

> products from same category
> cross-selling
> customer also bought...

Works for me.

2 hours ago, SebboLai said:

This is temorery avoided if productcomments are positioned right after the product and before any other module:

> produkt
> productcomments

then any other module

> products from same category
> cross-selling
> customer also bought...

Works for me.

True, or you could just hide thumbnail and title if product has accessories. Depends what suits you :)

• 8 months later...

Prestashop 1.7.6.5

Hi every body,

this is my first time on the form, i'm not a developper, i have a problem, i can install the modul 'productcomments' , i have this error message :

FR:

L'action install est impossible pour le module productcomments. Malheureusement, le module n'a pas fourni plus de détails.

EN:

The install action is impossible for the productcomments module. Unfortunately, the module did not provide more details.

Just bought a template, and the developper says, i have to ask prestashop because this problem doesn't come from him. He gave me this:

"(1/1) ContextErrorException

Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"?

in UnitOfWork.php line 2636".

Is somebody can helping me ?

Thank you so much

Best REGARDS

Dom

Edited by ABH collection (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
En 15/7/2019 a las 7:20 AM, rkk dijo:

So I fixed it..

@templatin

the error that I had after activating the debug was:

"Column count doesn't match value count at row 1<br /><br /><pre>INSERT IGNORE INTO `ps_product_comment_criterion` VALUES ('1', '1', '1')</pre>"

I had uninstalled the module but the tables remained and I checked and saw the table "ps_product_comment_criterion", I removed it and then

Download it from here and you can install it by renaming it to
https://github.com/PrestaShop/productcomments/releases

the installation was OK and everything solved

imagen.thumb.png.8574b9220aa230bfa137125ae6596d08.png

Edited by aixos (see edit history)