PHP Fatal error after 1.7.5.2 > 1.7.6.0

I tried to upgrade from v1.7.5.2 to v1.7.6.0 and I got the following Fatal error:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function has() on null in /home/animaisd/public_html/loja2/vendor/symfony/symfony/src/Symfony/Component/DependencyInjection/Container.php:145

Can't I just unzip the new version contents to the old one?

Thank you.

With PHP 7.1 or PHP 7.2, the error is the same.

The strangest part about this, I barely changed the first installation (v1.7.5.2), I just installed some plugins and added a theme made by me. I didn't touch any PrestaShop files.

Edited by promatik
Added details. (see edit history)

Yes, same problem.

I also tried the 1-Click Upgrade, but I'm having "Error Unable to check md5 files", that problem seems to have years, I tried to solve that with the most voted answer, but wasn't able to.

Theunable to check md5 files error is simply a permissions error. You should check the permissions for your /youradmin /themes and /modules folders. The folders and subfolders of that folders should have at least 0755 chmod and the files 0644 for the folders I wrote one line before.

• 4 weeks later...

Great, it worked!

Just a side note, you must use something like Filezilla to set the permissions recursively to all subfolders (0755) and files (0644).

I first tried to do it in the CPanel file explorer, and since it doesn't do it recursively, it wasn't working. Also, don't try to set everything to 0755 (files and folders) it will break Prestashop.

• Like 1