Help migrating from a subfolder to root domain?

Hello, 

I have finished building a prestashop site under a sub folder (domain.com/subfolder), while the original shop using a different basic platform ran on the root location (domain.com).

I am now urgently trying to find a way to migrate the finished prestashop shop from the subfolder to the main domain location.

-  I have tried to move/ copy the subfolder content onto the main root, and then changed the domain settings in the BO, but the site does not load properly. (Also tried editing pr_shopurl)

-  I have also tried cloning the prestashop installation to the root location, but with similar loading issues (this was done using GoDaddy widgets).

Can anyone point me towards the best way to moving the shop to the main domain and taking the prestashop site live? I have unfortunately already caused a lot of down time from the above attempts.

Thank you in advance!

This is the way, moving the subfolder content into parent root folder, make sure that the ps_configuration domain keys (two of them) point to the domain.com, the ps_shop_url also point to the same domain.com and edit the .htaccess (assuming your server is apache) and change the:

#Domain: domain.com
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/subfolder/]

to:

#Domain: domain.com
RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/]

Hello Rhonur, thank you very much for your reply and help!

I suspect I was missing the proper edits to the ps_configuration and .htaccess files.

I actually ended up launching the website by again trying to clone the working subfolder version to the root location, and then editing the ps_shop_url to get rid of an extra "/" that appeared. I used a widget offered by GoDaddy, so perhaps some of the other settings were updated by it.

In my particular case (incase anyone else also clones via GoDaddy) the website then fully worked, but I was missing the whole "admin" folder. I copied this folder from a back up I made of the working subdomain version in, and everything has since worked fine.