How to add a custom product and price during manual back office order

Hi,

Imagine you want to use your prestashop system to generate invoices of other products or services you want to offer. Products that doesn’t exist in the catalogue.

I was wondering if it is possible to create an order in the backoffice with a custom description, price and tax rate. In that case you can use the system to generate invoices to simplify the accountancy without the need to manually create the product which can be a service as well.

• Like 1

With out of box PrestaShop you can't create orders with products that are not in PrestaShop, maybe there is a module that does that.

However you can create products in BO and make them invisible to your buyers, this way you can still add them to your offers, but buyers will not be able to buy them. 

• 9 months later...
On 7/12/2019 at 3:20 PM, Yves said:

Hi,

Imagine you want to use your prestashop system to generate invoices of other products or services you want to offer. Products that doesn’t exist in the catalogue.

I was wondering if it is possible to create an order in the backoffice with a custom description, price and tax rate. In that case you can use the system to generate invoices to simplify the accountancy without the need to manually create the product which can be a service as well.

Did you find any solution about this my friend?

• 3 years later...

I am also wondering about this. There are instances when the customer need to be charged for a particular service or product that's a one off.

So adding a new product just for that is an overkill and might make the product list full of unnecessary items.

Also because our invoices are based on the prestashop numbering system we currently create a dummy order in PS that we mark as cancelled. Then we create an invoice manually using the number generated by PS. An option to actually just skip a number by the invoice generator would be nice (instead of creating an order).

Ideally it would be good if PS could just allow to add a one off product where we enter the description and price manually. In the same way that we do it in Stripe or other payment platform.

I thought about creating a 0.01 worth product. Then select the quantity according to the price. But the problem of getting the description in the invoice remains.

Any ideas or tricks would be welcome here.