Geolocation and IP under prestashop 1.7 and Multistore

cycy

Hello everyone, I'm busy creating a site for another country (holland), this site is already existing in France (it will be redone later).

We want to be able to manage certain rules like taxes by country, the products used for France will not be exactly the same in Holland, the price without tax will vary, the tax also. In addition, we want to take into account that if a customer orders Belgium for Belgium he will pay the Belgian tax and will be redirected from the Dutch site.

The current French site only applies to France.

Should I work with multi shop for the dutch site ??

I do not know how to manage ip and multistore, if someone was in the case ??

To gather all sites, I think of a central page (excluding prestashop so under wordpress for example) that would send me to the right site directly but ideally I would have to be redirected to the site according to the ip of the browser but that I can for example order belgium to Holland or France to Holland but that the site be redirected according to the delivery address for price management ??
that's a lot of things to think about but it's important that I consider each case.

Thanks a lot for your help

native ps supports geo location.  All this does is set the visitor cookie country which is used by most of the native PS by country catalog rules.  So pretty much everything can be tuned by country.

I got lost following what you were saying about redirects etc, there are modules that will redirect a visitor by ip to another domain, see addons.

I'm not big fan of ps geo location 1) it uses free max mind geo data which for some parts  of the world the resolve rate can be low 2) if visitor IP is 'not' resolved with free maxmind data then visitor is denied shopping.....argh.....

There is geo targeting pro on addon's (yes, it's mine) that allows non-resolved IP's to shop and supports several of the commercial maxmind db's for much better accuracy.

for now, if I was you, enable native ps geo location and configure your by counry rules and (somehow test them, module mentioned has built in simulator) so for native geo use a vpn...

ps has the best by country catalog rules of any ecms but it will take some testing to understand how to define taxes for example vat inclu/excluded etc.  those are done in ps not native geo module fyi

you probably need to consult with experienced international ps'er before using multishop, maybe you can do it all from one shop...that is best